Weather Station Hardware > Ambient Weather and Ecowitt and other Fine Offset clones

Alternative upload method other than computer.

(1/2) > >>

kalenshah:
My main weather station is a davis vantage vue, which uses weather link IP to upload to weather underground.

I also have a WS-1080 which is not uploading as I do not want to leave my laptop on all the time. I have heard about some sort of plug device that I may be able to connect my WS-1080 to, and then it can upload to weather underground.
But my problem is that I don't know what these devices are called, how they work etc.. Any help (such as links) will be greatly appreciated.
I'm not looking for anything expensive. Something cheap that will do the job, with minimal power usage and without the use of a computer.

Thanks.

Beaudog:
Depending on what you call low cost.    There are several versions of these things.   I personally would run the laptop rather than do this but what ever.

http://www.ambientweather.com/weambnslu2.html

I use a cheap netbook for all my wx stuff.    Far more flexable and the power usage is low.

kalenshah:
Thanks, do you know of any other similar products like this? I heard about the raspberry pi, but wasn't sure if you can run cumulus or another weather software program on it..

unbidden:
You may be better served looking on a local classified ads website and pick up a used laptop for cheap money. You wouldn't need anything high end to run Cumulus or other software. Here is the U.S. that would be CraigsList. I run my station off of a netbook 24/7.

kalenshah:
Thanks, but I do have access to a number of laptops, pcs and desktops. I just want something small, out the way and something I do not have to touch. I've done some more research and i've come across the sheevaplug, but it looks quite complicated. I may just give up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version