Author Topic: WS View "Customized"  (Read 22626 times)

Offline tommyD

• roland weather
Re: WS View "Customized"
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2020, 12:11:47 AM »
My setup has a website hosted from home.
https://rolandweather.ddns.me/ws
on the ws view I have
server: rolandweather.ddns.me
also I have tested my local ip for my server (10.1.1.xx)
path: /data/report
this path has 777 permissions

i have an index.php file with this to log any file
Code: [Select]
<?php
$str 
print_r($_POSTTRUE);
$fh fopen('output.txt''w');
fwrite($fh$str);
fclose($fh);

I am not getting any data from my wh-2900
Tom
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 12:25:39 AM by tommyD »

Offline tommyD

• roland weather
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2020, 01:46:57 AM »
I am using a Australian Jaycar branded XC0370. This is a fine-offset wh2900 clone.
WS view says i have EasyWeatherV1.50.
Can I or do I need to do a firmware upgrade.
The app does show and use ecowitt and I have setup that as well.
Tom

Offline Rover1822

• Forecaster
    • Mini Wind and Solar Data project
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2020, 09:35:24 AM »
1) I don't think the device supports HTTPS, since this is a local server, see if it will accept HTTP, or have your server configured to accept HTTP
2) I think there was an issues with someone having a 10.X.X.X subnet as opposed to the more common 192.168.X.X
3) Try using the IP address for your local server instead of the Domain Name in WS View. Your rolandweather.ddns.me will get resolved on an external DNS server and point to your public IP address. Your router may not allow this from an internal request. Unless you also have your own internal DNS server that points to the local IP of 10.x.x.x . Depends on the router in use and its configuration. (If you can get to the site from your local network, you probably don't have this issue)

Unfortunately I do not use PHP a lot.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 10:25:09 AM by Rover1822 »
Ambient:
  WS-2000
  PM 2.5(2)
  WH31B(2)
  WH40E
  WH31P
EcoWitt:
  GW1100
  GW1000(4)
  WH31(2)
  WH57
  WH51(12),
  WH40
  WH5360B
  WN34S
  WittBoy WS90 + GW2000
  WS90 (other one) + GW1100
Personal Sites: Weather Cam

Offline tommyD

• roland weather
« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2020, 03:44:30 PM »
I will see what I can do with the 192. xx My local subnet is 10.1.xx.
Is their any way to get the latest firmware. I have 1.5.0 Could this be the problem?
Tom

Offline Rover1822

• Forecaster
« Reply #104 on: July 06, 2020, 06:37:20 PM »
If you can connect to your system with WS View , it should have told you if you need an upgrade.

Ambient:
  WS-2000
  PM 2.5(2)
  WH31B(2)
  WH40E
  WH31P
EcoWitt:
  GW1100
  GW1000(4)
  WH31(2)
  WH57
  WH51(12),
  WH40
  WH5360B
  WN34S
  WittBoy WS90 + GW2000

Offline tommyD

• roland weather
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2020, 10:06:20 PM »
It is connected with WS view on both android and iPhone. Is their any other way to force an upgrade on firmware?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #106 on: July 06, 2020, 10:36:59 PM »
I believe that for your model 1.5.0 is the latest firmware.
That would be WH2910C / WH2900

GW1000 is on 1.6.0

Every model has their own firmware. They are separate. Just because an update is released to address a bug in one does not mean that an update is needed for a different model. They each follow their own version increase numbering. If an update is made to add a feature to multiple consoles at around the same time then they all increase from where they were before, but even this does not cause the version numbers to end up matching each other.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 10:44:05 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline tommyD

• roland weather
« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2020, 12:17:19 AM »
Have had some success.
I setup a Raspberry PI with a hot-spot which has a 192.168.xx address and it works.
Now to see what I can do.
So much of a shame that the 10.1.xx does not work. Is it something that could be requested>

Tom

Offline Vetti52

« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2020, 09:21:28 AM »
Fair enough, edited.
Fair enough, you could address one Android problem, which the Apple app does not show: On Android devices WS View tries automatically to stop your connection to your home network access point and open the connection to the access point of the station by itself. But that is not always successful. So in case, searching for the station's access point fails, it might be an alternative, to open Android's Wifi setup page and connect to the access point manually, such as you do with Apple's devices.

Another problem, I have seen, is, that some routers/access points have disabled the communication among wireless clients. This was also the case in my guest network, where i wanted to work my smart home devices separated from the rest of my home network. So, after the station had connected to the guest network, it could no longer communicate with my smartphone in the same network. I had to repeat the whole thing in my home network, where I could explicitely enable communication among wireless devices. I could connect to the device, enable uploading to weather services, and calibrate the pressure. I could move the station back to the guest network, even without being connected, because, when enabling "hide SSID" in the settings dialogue, you can enter whatever SSID you want. It will just be written into the configuration setting of the station, and if all was correct, it will connect to that network. The connection to WS View, however, will be lost that way, if the smartphone is not connected to the same network and if communication of wireless clients is disabled.

It would be nice, if there was a way to setup the station with a LAN based configuration software. Ecowitt had provided a software last year for GW1000: "WiFi Configuration with PC Software (WS_Connect_Router Setup(0530).zip)", which is currently no longer available on their web site. So I don't know, it this software would still be functional. Then only the connection to the wireless network must have been established with WS View. The rest of the administration could be done much more convenient.

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2020, 09:44:59 AM »
G1ZFO

Ecowitt HP2551A + WH65 Tri-Wing (Wunderground: IGUILDFO67)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Wunderground: IGUILDFO68)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Mk2) test environment driving CumulusMX on a RPi 3b
Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)
Ecowitt WS90 Wittboy - Test
Ecowitt WH51 (x6) Soil Moisture Sensor
Ecowitt WH41 PM2.5 AQM Sensor
Ecowitt WH31 (x8) Thermo/Hygro Sensor
Ecowitt WS80 Ultrasonic Anemometer (pre-prod test)
Ecowitt WH57 Lightning Sensor -test
Ecowitt WH32-EP (SHT35) + Davis 7714 Screen
Ecowitt WH45 CO2/PM2.5/PM10 -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Soil Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Water Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN35 Leaf Moisture

Offline Vetti52

« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2020, 11:21:03 AM »
The GW1000 PC software is still there:
http://www.ecowitt.com/upfile/201905/WS_Connect_Router%20Setup(0530).zip
ok, thanks! I did not find it on the manual page. Does anyone have experience with it?

Offline Rover1822

• Forecaster
« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2020, 11:33:15 AM »
My limited experience with it, I found WS View to be a better option. But I only tried it once, and may not have had the GW1000 in the proper mode.

Ambient:
  WS-2000
  PM 2.5(2)
  WH31B(2)
  WH40E
  WH31P
EcoWitt:
  GW1100
  GW1000(4)
  WH31(2)
  WH57
  WH51(12),
  WH40
  WH5360B
  WN34S
  WittBoy WS90 + GW2000

Offline Vetti52

« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2020, 12:48:21 PM »
Ok. So I may try, if I need it. At the moment, I do not use WS View either. I am satisfied collecting and viewing the data with Weewx and on Ecowitt.net. I have seen foshkplugin.phantasoft.de/generic/ which introduces a plugin into a loxone environment, which currently can at least restart a GW1000 directly. Maybe, there will be some nice solution for Weewx in the future?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2020, 01:04:49 PM »
There is no real alternative to WS View. You MUST use WS View to manage your GW1000 or other Fine Offset clones.
(and in the case of Ambient the equivalent awnet app)

That PC application is only for joining a new station onto your WiFi (or for a factory reset station). That is all it does. It does not fully replace the functionality of WS View. The purpose of the PC application is for people that were having difficulty connecting the station to WiFi with their mobile. But once connected then they can utilize the WS View app for the continuation of the station setup (calibration, upload settings, firmware updates etc.).

Even if you are using WeeWX or any other means of getting data you still must periodically use WS View to maintain your station. You'll need WS View to calibrate the sensors (at least the barometer will need adjustment on the GW1000), and you'll need WS View to do regular firmware updates (on all models) which are highly recommended as often bugs are discovered.

That said....the Fine Offset API that WS View uses is documented and available to certain software developers like (Cumulus MX, Meteobridge, Weather-Display, and WeeWX). This means that if these software developers wanted they could implement the functionalities of WS View in regards to maintenance (calibration, changing settings..etc.). But as of this moment none of them have done this and I don't see a reason that they should. The purpose of these software is just to get live data. I think maintenance tasks should be reserved for the WS View. I do though see a potential reason for perhaps adding functionality to these software and that would be for the remote management of the station hardware. Currently it requires the WS View app for reasons I've stated....but if these software were to implement these added capabilities then the station could more easily be managed remotely and not require a mobile device on the local network.....BUT...I've already come up with a resource to manage a station remotely using WS View. All you need is to install an Android emulator into a computer to which you then install WS View and then you remote into said computer. There are several Android emulators. For now my preference is NoxPlayer.
More details:
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=36792.0

The WS View app could perhaps have been given a better name I think. Its name insinuates that it is just for "viewing" data, but it does so much more and it is indispensable.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 01:30:24 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Vetti52

« Reply #114 on: July 07, 2020, 02:54:14 PM »
Great, Galfert!!!

I agree, that we must use WS View for now. But, as you also stated, there is also a need for manageing devices in a regular (home) net environment. And that is LAN based. So, of course the first step must be to adopt the console into a wireless connection, where WS View is mandatory. But everything else should manage this wireless client by means of network setting, which can be adopted to the special needs of each home or professional network. I do not know much about android emulators, but I would expect, that the network emulation is not that trivial to keep it working. And still then, it is far from an integrated management system, e.g. creating backups, or running a watchdog to restart on errors.
But, I think, that one reason for the lack of developements of an integration into a management environment is, that the station usually works for months without any hands on time. So, for the occasional updates and calibrations WS View does the job.
In my eyes, the term WS View says, that you need it to view the device in your net. And this function remains essential.

Offline Rover1822

• Forecaster
« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2020, 03:01:03 PM »
I kind of agree with you. I also look at market demand etc and labor costs. The current drive for just about anything is to go "mobile device". 
And if there is insufficient demand for alternative access or applications, probably not worth the development investment.

Ambient:
  WS-2000
  PM 2.5(2)
  WH31B(2)
  WH40E
  WH31P
EcoWitt:
  GW1100
  GW1000(4)
  WH31(2)
  WH57
  WH51(12),
  WH40
  WH5360B
  WN34S
  WittBoy WS90 + GW2000

Offline olicat

• Forecaster
  • GWxx00, HPx5x1C, WN1900C, WN1980C & WS3800C
    • FOSHKplugin
« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2020, 03:47:54 PM »
Technically, it is no problem to do the configuration via a web interface for example or a PC-program.
I had already considered that for FOSHKplugin. And I also do it partially - for example to configure the interval or the custom server itself (server ip, path, port, Ecowitt/WU).
The commands for configuration and calibration are pretty well documented.

But I don't really see the need for a solution other than WS View, because you don't have to do it that often.

But what annoys me (and what I've already told Lucy - Ecowitt wants to think about it) is that WS View always searches for the weather station via UDP and you can't just store its IP address. Because the UDP search via broadcast only works in the local network and not across a router.
If you could specify the IP address, you could also work with WS View on the go - for example via VPN - or from other connected networks.

But - at all - I like WS View and prefer to put my programming work into things that are not yet so well implemented or possible at all.

Oliver

Offline Vetti52

« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2020, 09:10:21 AM »
Sounds reasonable, not to double work, if not necessary.

But my simple example, e.g. in case, the console rejects to send data, just initiate a reset of the console, which is observed by a watchdog on the server. I thought, this could be part of functions of your FOSHplugin. Anyway, it is hard to realize with WS View alone.

No matter, if UDP or TCP or any other connection would be established, it will need to implement a standardized interface, to interact with. Well, there is this well documented API, but it seems, that there are not efforts to integrate it into server oriented systems.

Offline olicat

• Forecaster
  • GWxx00, HPx5x1C, WN1900C, WN1980C & WS3800C
    • FOSHKplugin
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2020, 09:46:22 AM »
Hi!

FOSHKplugin already detects that the weather station is no longer sending values and notifies the user in various ways (Log, UDP, http). FOSHKplugin can also reboot the weather station if requested by the user. At least for the GW1000 (only that I have here) this works.

What I have deliberately not implemented so far is that FOSHKplugin automatically restarts the weather station. On the one hand, this was previously not necessary (I have been operating the GW1000 since November 2019 without any problems). On the other hand, I do not like such poorly monitored automatisms - any real problems may not be recognized or an error in the program (or in it's configuration) leads to constant restart of the weather station.

For security reasons I have only installed a reboot option via UDP.
However, installing this for the FOSHKplugin web interface would be very easy.
But:
An http request like http://ip-address:port/FOSHKplugin/rebootWS can be done by anyone with a browser.

Maybe we can better discuss that in the FOSHKplugin thread.

Regards, Oliver

Offline Vetti52

« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2020, 02:42:37 PM »
Hi, Oliver!

As I had detected, that FOSHKplugin can reboot the GW1000, my hope raized, that there will be an implementation of "regular" administration of the station, without the need of WS View in it's original manner.
And, of course, if the wireless connection is broken, there will be no way to administer the device remotely. But rebooting under certain conditions is just one point of the whole thing. Maybe, there is some interest to engage in this project here. For FOSHKplugin, I agree, that we should discuss in the FOSHKplugin thread or in https://www.loxforum.com/

Offline sstracy

• Big Birdy
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2021, 01:07:52 AM »
I realize that this is an older topic but I just wanted to join in and say thank you to everyone who had contributed with the helpful information within this topic! I'm not too terribly advanced developer but with this provided information, I was able to connect my GW1000 to a little WordPress website to make a simple web page for my plant! :) With a little added code, I have also created a simple algorithm to estimate when I might need to water next. :)

https://bigbirdy.live/

Thanks again and take care to you all!
Scott

Offline PaulQM

« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2021, 01:17:47 PM »
Hi,
If anyone is still active on this thread, could you please tell me what info goes into the following in KenW’s scripts. 

public $kensId = 'xxx'; // ***
public $names = array('Waggies', 'Petes');  //***
public $authPassword = 'xxx';       // ***

thanks
P…

Offline Rover1822

• Forecaster
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2021, 01:41:54 PM »
Hi,
If anyone is still active on this thread, could you please tell me what info goes into the following in KenW’s scripts. 

thanks
P…

I think you should create a new thread (topic) , outlining everything , and then the question.

Rover
Ambient:
  WS-2000
  PM 2.5(2)
  WH31B(2)
  WH40E
  WH31P
EcoWitt:
  GW1100
  GW1000(4)
  WH31(2)
  WH57
  WH51(12),
  WH40
  WH5360B
  WN34S
  WittBoy WS90 + GW2000

Offline meteocaldas

• MeteoCaldas
« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2021, 11:38:53 AM »
Hi,

thanks
P…

Hi Paul

This is what I have in my config.php:

// yes, this could be more generalised
          public $kensId = 'ECAB8A15AB6E8273CF50530D39E6A9EA'; // *** Ecowitt PASSKEY for weather station 1.
          public $petesId = 'xxxyx';  // *** leave unchanged if you only have one weather station or insert ecowitt passkey for your second station

public $nameIndex = 0;  // default index 
        public $names = array('MeteoCaldas', 'MeteoLitoral');  //*** names to show on html for each weather station (1 and station 2. Even if you have no 2nd station, use a name for it)
        public $locations = array('C. Rainha MC',  'C. Rainha ML');   // *** names for location of the stations 1 and 2. Even if you have no 2nd station, use a name for it)                             '
        public $locale = 'Europe/London';  // ***
   public $timeFormat = '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S';

public $onMobile = false;

//DB
        public $dbhost = 'localhost';
        public $dbname = 'xxxxx';  // *** put here the name of the database you have created
        public $dbtablenames = array('station1', 'station2');    // ***name of the tables you have created in DB. Even if you only have one station, you can create 2 tables
        public $dbtablename = 'station1';    // *** choose you preferred name for DB table
        public $dbpassword = 'xxxx';  // *** Password to acess your DB

public $showInside = false;
        public $authCookie = 'insider';
        public $authPassword = 'xxxx';  // *** Password to set cookie that allows you to see indoor data

Hope this may help you.

Offline PaulQM

« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2021, 03:52:22 AM »
Exellent, thank you so much.

P..

anything