Author Topic: Getting 2812 data onto my web site  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Eric

Getting 2812 data onto my web site
« on: January 15, 2011, 02:54:16 PM »
One year ago, I visited this forum, fully intending to purchase a Vantage Vue and start really enjoying weather station life. But at that point, the Vue was backordered for weeks, and instead of waiting, I went ahead and worked on getting my pilot's license instead.

Now that that's out of the way, I started thinking about a weather station, and picked up a LaCrosse 2812 which I discovered unexpectedly at Costco for $79. Worth a gamble, I thought, since it came with PC software and everything.

The station is up and running. Now I want to put the readings onto my web site, so I can check the weather at home when I am away from home. I see I need some software called Virtual Weather Station; however, when I look at the list of supported weather stations, the 2812 isn't on VWS' list.

Question 1: Will VWS work with the LaCrosse 2812? If not, is there anything else that will let me accomplish this goal of getting weather readings online?

Thanks!

Offline Axelvold

• Forecaster
    • Axelvold's weather and photo
Re: Getting 2812 data onto my web site
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 03:25:07 PM »
It looks like it could work with VWS if you use Heavy weather as well.

http://w1vxa.wikidot.com/lacrosse-professional-weather-station-review

If not so will it work with Weather Display.

http://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php?topic=48921.0
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 03:27:24 PM by Axelvold »
Lars Magnusson
Axelvold / Sweden
55° 57' 41" N / 13° 6' 1" E
WX Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 03:32:59 PM »
Question 1: Will VWS work with the LaCrosse 2812? If not, is there anything else that will let me accomplish this goal of getting weather readings online?

If you run heavyweather pro, I believe that WUHU might work.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline JBDragon

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 10:20:06 PM »
WUHU is the software I'm using with my 2812 I got fro COSTCO!!!  It works fine, BUT You have to run this with your LaCrosse software also because WUHU doesn't have direct access to the USB Interface so it has to read the Output file the other program creates!

The great thing with WUHU though is it'll send your Data to different places.  Right now my Data is being sent to PWSWeather.com, AWEKAS, CWOP, Weather Underground, and WeatherBug.   I can check out my own personal weather on my Iphone 4 easily anytime, anyplace! \:D/

anything