Author Topic: ventus w266 weather station use  (Read 491 times)

Offline bucko

ventus w266 weather station use
« on: January 09, 2020, 09:52:49 AM »
hi, i have just got a ventus w266 weather station in the uk and cannot seem to find the right settings for zones if it is on zone 0 the time goes on 1 hour so put on zone -1 that shows the correct time but the weather symbols do not match what the weather is doing outside, can anybody help please

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: ventus w266 weather station use
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 01:41:58 PM »
Sounds like a firmware bug issue.  It doesn't seem like you are doing anything wrong and therefore I don't think that there is anything you can do to fix this. You could contact the company and inform them so that they can create a firmware update.

But the other thing you can do is return it and get something else. What made you decide on this brand/model? I don't know what you have planned to do with your weather station. But if you want a greater hobbyist community support then I would suggest you get a different weather station. You could then upload to more online service with added hardware/software. If that station that you got was choosen because it fit your budget then I would suggest looking at the Froggit WH3000 SE which is about the same price range or better.

https://www.froggit.de/product_info.php?info=p287_froggit-wh3000-se-wifi-internet-app-weather-station.html

There are certainly better stations than this one I've recommended but that is a starting point. There are other brands to consider too like Ecowitt, Acurite and Davis. We just need to know more about you to know in which direction to guide you.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole