Author Topic: Using Vue console to upload to WLink.com  (Read 1487 times)

Offline dj1111s

• Weather obsessed
  • Forecaster
  • The "d" cloud.
Using Vue console to upload to WLink.com
« on: May 25, 2022, 06:41:29 PM »
I have a Vantage Pro2 Plus with solar and UV. Also have a soil station and additional temperature and humidity stations. I'm using a Meteobridge to upload to various online services but cannot get all the data to be accurate on Wlink.com. I've tried to get help from various forums but got mostly crickets. So I'm giving up on that. My plan is to purchase a WiFiLogger2 3rd party data logger for uploading to Weatherlink.com.

I have a Vue console I'd like to use for this. But if I insert the logger in the Vue will it pass through all the solar, UV, soil, temp and humidity data to Wlink.com? I know the Vue console cannot display it all but wonder if it will pass it all to Wlink.com. I also have a Pro2 console but it is feeding my Mbridge.
Vantage Pro2 Plus W/FARS, wireless anemometer, bucket heater with temperature sensor. Envoy, VP2 and Vue consoles. Meteobridge. Weatherlink Live. AirLink. Soil and leaf station. Attic temp and humidity.
Trained Storm Spotter
Member CoCoRaHS
You will never find me on Facebook or Twitter or any other social media!!!

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
Re: Using Vue console to upload to WLink.com
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 06:47:06 PM »

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 03:44:18 AM »
A Vue console can display essentially all the readings from a Plus ISS, including solar/UV (just needs an extra button press to call up the solar/UV readings). See the Vue console manual if you're not sure how - see the WXCen button and Appendix A. And all these readings should indeed be uploadable to weatherlink.com via a network logger such as WFL.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 03:48:44 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline dj1111s

• Weather obsessed
  • Forecaster
  • The "d" cloud.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2022, 11:51:15 AM »
I was thinking the Vue would pass through solar and UV because it is part of the ISS. But will it pass through data from my soil station as well as my separate temperature station and temp/humidity station?

I think I will do an experiment. I'll power down my Vue and Pro2 consoles then move the data logger from the Pro2 to the Vue. This USB logger is connected to a computer so once everything is powered up I will see what Weatherlink displays on said computer.
Vantage Pro2 Plus W/FARS, wireless anemometer, bucket heater with temperature sensor. Envoy, VP2 and Vue consoles. Meteobridge. Weatherlink Live. AirLink. Soil and leaf station. Attic temp and humidity.
Trained Storm Spotter
Member CoCoRaHS

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022, 01:56:39 PM »
I was thinking the Vue would pass through solar and UV because it is part of the ISS. But will it pass through data from my soil station as well as my separate temperature station and temp/humidity station?

No, definitely not, no experiment needed. The ONLY non-Vue sensors that a Vue console can receive are those in a VP2 Plus ISS (ie including solar and UV) plus data from a separate anemometer + 6332 transmitter (only the wind data, nothing else). If you want a cheaper multi-sensor alternative to a VP2 console then you could always look at an Envoy, though of course that doesn't have a display.

Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline dj1111s

• Weather obsessed
  • Forecaster
  • The "d" cloud.
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2022, 07:01:03 PM »
No, definitely not, no experiment needed.

Thanks for all the info. And that's what I figured. Had to verify before ordering the wifi logger. Didn't want to waste the money if it wasn't going to give me the results I wanted.

I already have an Envoy. It's feeding my Meteobridge. My Pro2 console is connected to a computer where I use the Weatherlink program to view data (when the computer is on). The Vue console is up in my living room with no logger connected. We just use it to view data.

I was looking at the WiFiLogger vs Weatherlink Live because it's cheaper and WLLive is currently unavailable due to chip shortages. So it looks like WLLive is going to give me the results I want.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 08:01:04 PM by dj1111s »
Trained Storm Spotter
Member CoCoRaHS

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2022, 07:11:26 PM »
Just to confirm my thinking that your MB (Envoy combination) is something like a TP-Link (or similar) and not a Pro?

Offline dj1111s

• Weather obsessed
  • Forecaster
  • The "d" cloud.
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2022, 07:22:25 PM »
Just to confirm my thinking that your MB (Envoy combination) is something like a TP-Link (or similar) and not a Pro?

Yes a basic MB.
Trained Storm Spotter
Member CoCoRaHS