Author Topic: WeatherCat and download problem  (Read 4694 times)

Offline drewaz

WeatherCat and download problem
« on: March 12, 2022, 05:32:44 PM »

first off, please excuse my lack of a tech background and for this double post but I'm desperate!   ...  I'll try to explain my issue!

I have a Vantage Vue connected over the air to a Davis console that has a Davis logger that has downloaded data to WeatherCat on my Mac for many years.

I downloaded the most recent Silicon Labs driver and applied the newest Mac OS, Monterey and now the logger no longer communicates with my computer.

I'm hoping someone has a solution to get this back up and running!!!!!

Thanks in advance

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Re: WeatherCat and download problem
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2022, 06:51:55 PM »
Their site is constantly down. I am beginning to wonder if anyone really is there.   The last post was about a "an assertive billy goat wagon," which has nothing to do with weather and that there are excuses their developer is too busy to do much.    Now I am getting an python3 error everytime I want to use the program.  getting ready to s-can their whole operation .   

There is no support that I can see

Offline drewaz

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2022, 07:06:19 PM »
I did get my issue resolved ...  sorry I didn't come back here to explain .....

when I upgraded the Macos to Monterey the comms port for communication between the data logger and WeatherCat changed.  after a lot of digging around I opened the 'configure station comms' dialog box in WeatherCat, changed the comms port and it's been working well since.

sorry you are having issues too ...  it's not clear to me what program you are trying to deal with though ....

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2022, 07:11:20 PM »
I did get my issue resolved ...  sorry I didn't come back here to explain .....

when I upgraded the Macos to Monterey the comms port for communication between the data logger and WeatherCat changed.  after a lot of digging around I opened the 'configure station comms' dialog box in WeatherCat, changed the comms port and it's been working well since.

sorry you are having issues too ...  it's not clear to me what program you are trying to deal with though ....
Weathercat current version keeps crashing then asking me to download Python 3.   BUT  I want to be sure that it isn't full of nasties as well as not taking 105 hours to download.

Offline drewaz

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2022, 07:18:55 PM »
have you tried the WeatherCat forum?  I've always found them to be helpful.

https://athena.trixology.com/index.php#c2

when I installed Monterey I also had a constant reminder to download Python 3 ...  I didn't find anything suspicious about the program and already had Python 2 on my computer so I installed it and haven't had any problems.

anything