Author Topic: Barani Meteowind Pro - IoT  (Read 6211 times)

Offline Arkadiusz_w

• Senior Contributor
Re: Barani Meteowind Pro - IoT
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2022, 04:23:02 AM »
Good morning,

I bought a Barani wind gauge. Average wind values are similar or even analogous to WS80 Ecowitt. Barani records higher mean and maximum values than WS68. However, my gusts are usually lower by a few km / h. The difference is just a few meters from the WS80. Has anyone experienced a similar phenomenon?
Ecowitt WS90 1.3.8, WS80 1.2.5, Ecowitt WS68, Ecowitt WH31EP/WH32EP, WH40, WH57, WN34L, WH51, WN34D, HP2560_C, HP2550_C, GW1100, GW2000. Davis Vantage Pro 2, Davis Vue, Davis 6313, Hongyuv WDS2E

Barani Meteoshield Pro II, III, Davis FARS 24H

Offline Julius

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2022, 09:43:17 AM »
Honestly, our MeteoWind Pro IoT box was not water-tight. It failed on us after a couple of months. Barani promised to send me a new one for that. It never got here. Repeatedly asked.
The anemometer itself has rust on the parts where the mounting screws are. Would have thought this would be stainless steel, or rust-free, apparently it was not. That said, I was only 'testing' their equipment, but still.
The values we got even from our netatmo anemometer were about similar, I barely ever saw much in favor of the barani unit. It looks better, of course, and the netatmo requires battery-replacements every year, but that's about it. Data-parsing from the netatmo devices is way easier than with barani devices.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 09:45:00 AM by Julius »

Offline Arkadiusz_w

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2022, 05:17:13 AM »
My Barani Wind iot pro ended after less than 7 months. The problem was discovered by Barani himself. They offered to send back the entire device along with the gate. They are to return money for transport and product. From the beginning there were problems with it, not all packets were arriving, there were big data gaps when using lorawan. In addition, he often inaccurately measured the short, violent gusts in windstorms. In this field, ultrasonic instruments turn out to be better because they do not have inertia. There were no greater differences than 0.5 km / h - 2 km / h in downbursts between ultrasonic instruments and the ecowitt and other related companies. I also have a cover from Barani and it is great, while the elliptical anemometer is a failure in terms of quality of workmanship, accuracy of speed measurement. Only the weather vane was defending itself. Thus, Barani Wind is mainly marketing that comes out and does not go hand in hand with quality, bearing in mind that the anemometer costs over 700 euros with a lora gate.
Ecowitt WS90 1.3.8, WS80 1.2.5, Ecowitt WS68, Ecowitt WH31EP/WH32EP, WH40, WH57, WN34L, WH51, WN34D, HP2560_C, HP2550_C, GW1100, GW2000. Davis Vantage Pro 2, Davis Vue, Davis 6313, Hongyuv WDS2E

Barani Meteoshield Pro II, III, Davis FARS 24H