Author Topic: Once again a WU glitch  (Read 708 times)

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
Once again a WU glitch
« on: May 06, 2020, 04:01:23 PM »
So I noticed for the last couple of day's WU not updating properly . Today it show  Online (updated 4 minutes ago) and stays between 3 to 5 minutes in the updates . I checked the stations around me and they are doing the same thing . Could be a software glitch or a server glitch or just another plain old WU glitch .

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
Re: Once again a WU glitch
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 12:24:25 AM »
Back to normal updating at 10 to 15 seconds . Oh well must have been glitch that corrected itself . 

Offline Bswartz95

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 07:22:50 AM »
It has been doing this on and off for my station over the past week.  Something is glitchy though!
Ambient WS-2000
WU: KOHBLACK25
CWOP: FW7605

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
  • AcuRite Atlas (wind ext. & lightning detector)
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 10:35:48 AM »
Same. This behavior with the displayed update time has been intermittent for me for a couple weeks now, but it is still updating as normal. It's just not reflecting an accurate update time.

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 11:01:20 AM »
Well, WU keeps time with a sundial kept safely in a dark closet.
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

Offline Bswartz95

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 08:59:21 AM »
What type of weather stations do you have that is showing delayed data on WU?  It seems that AcuRite devices are impacted more. I wonder if their Access is slow in pushing it to WU?  Mine is delayed 3-4 minutes this morning, while other devices I’m following appear to be near real-time.
Ambient WS-2000
WU: KOHBLACK25
CWOP: FW7605

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 01:06:45 PM »
What type of weather stations do you have that is showing delayed data on WU?  It seems that AcuRite devices are impacted more. I wonder if their Access is slow in pushing it to WU?  Mine is delayed 3-4 minutes this morning, while other devices I’m following appear to be near real-time.

I just check my area and out of 20 station ( all types ) 18 are showing 3+ minutes since last update . Has to be something on WU side because it's happening only during the day and not at nighttime so far . Also if my memory serves me correct the Access sends data directly to WU not to Acurite then to WU .

Looking at my display and what WU is showing I'm a full degree behind in temp .  I know it will catch up but it has to be something wrong with WU servers during the daytime . Maybe the old IBM clouds servers are being over worked but that's just a guess .

anything