Author Topic: Access Problems  (Read 674 times)

Offline mikemaps

Access Problems
« on: February 06, 2019, 09:12:00 PM »
Just received my Atlas today. Got everything setup & working, but reporting to both My Acurite & Weather Underground stopped working after a couple of hours. It’s been over 3 hours since it last updated. I tried disconnecting the power from it & restarting it but no luck.. do you think it’s a bad Access or any other suggestions?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Access Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 09:44:09 PM »
Just received my Atlas today. Got everything setup & working, but reporting to both My Acurite & Weather Underground stopped working after a couple of hours. It’s been over 3 hours since it last updated. I tried disconnecting the power from it & restarting it but no luck.. do you think it’s a bad Access or any other suggestions?

What's the condition of the status light?

Offline mikemaps

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 10:08:38 PM »
It’s solid blue

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 11:48:34 PM »
It’s solid blue
z

Hmmm... no "pusling" to it?  I believe that's the mode it goes to when downloading new firmware.
a
I'd find the IP address assigned to the Access, then open the "splash" to using that IP address with a web bower.  Examine this splash page for possible errors like a misformed Station ID or key/password fields.   If something doesn't look as it should, re-load the data into myAcurite and try again.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 12:01:09 AM by nincehelser »

Offline mikemaps

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 06:20:14 AM »
Thanks, it started working again about 11 pm & has been working through the night. Keeping my fingers crossed, that it keeps going.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 08:07:11 AM »
You may have to move the Access to be sure it has a good signal. You can watch Wunderground dashboard and if you are not updating every 10 - 15 secs, the signal is weak.

Offline mikemaps

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 06:03:01 PM »
Well it’s been working fine since 11:00 last night, 19 hours now. Seems strange that it worked for a couple of hours after setting it up yesterday & then didn’t work for the next 6 hours, but happy it’s working now.

anything