Author Topic: Installed 5-in-1 with AcuRite Access - won't connect device - Help!  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Toddy-O

Hello all,

I have tried everything, outside and inside.  Even moved my Access to a line of sight window with new Cat6 ethernet cable, to no avail. I have a blue light, the sensor lights in the back are on and blinking. Even moved the selector outside to "B" and reset the new lithium AA batteries.  What am I doing wrong? It won't connect.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Find out what local IP number was assigned to your Access, then open a web browser to that number.

You'll get what is commonly called the "splash page", and it should tell you if it can "hear" your 5n1 or not.

The Access doesn't care about the A/B/C setting.  It's only relevant to your local display.

Offline Toddy-O

How do I find the IP address for the Access?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
You might be able to find it in your router admin pages.  You want to look for a table of the ip numbers it has assigned to your various network devices.

Or you could run an ip scanner on your network.  https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/ is a popular choice for Windows.

Offline Toddy-O

The problem is not connecting with the Ethernet and router; the problem is connecting with MyAcurite.com. It's not accepting the Device ID and connecting.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
When you enter the MAC into myAcurite, are you getting the message that the device isn't reporting (or something to that effect)?

Make sure you aren't confusing "8", "B", "oh", and "zero" in the MAC.

If you're sure the MAC is correct, contact Acurite support.  Occasionally they've had an issue where the registration process gets hung-up on their end.