Author Topic: RPi Set Up  (Read 899 times)

Offline 2thepoint

• NJ WeatherCat
RPi Set Up
« on: June 11, 2021, 08:22:36 PM »
Hello All:
I received my MB approved sd card today and followed the instructions for set up on a RPi 4b. I downloaded the .bin files and copied them to the sd card via RPI Imager. Installed the sd card and started the RPi. It stops at "root@meteobridge:/#"

I tested the RPi on a NON approved sd card a couple weeks ago and it booted into the MB dashboard. Any help is appreciated. I'm not a coder.
thanks
GW1000
HP2551
GW2000
WS90
WH41B
Meteobridge/RPi4

Offline 2thepoint

• NJ WeatherCat
Re: RPi Set Up
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 10:15:05 AM »
solved
GW1000
HP2551
GW2000
WS90
WH41B
Meteobridge/RPi4

Offline ToTo

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 02:01:47 AM »
What was the problem, your self-talk is of no use to anyone else?
PWS Magdeburg - Germany - https://wetter.de.cool MB-Smart HWS

Offline 2thepoint

• NJ WeatherCat
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 10:03:05 PM »
the problem was me.....mb is designed to run on a dedicated RPi.  I was trying to access the mb gui from a command line on the RPi.  Access is through a browser pointed at the mb ip address.  My familiarity with RPi is somewhat limited.  My RPi's typically run Raspian desktop along with supported apps.  Let me know if you need more?
thanks,
Phil
GW1000
HP2551
GW2000
WS90
WH41B
Meteobridge/RPi4

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 10:20:21 PM »
With MB software image the only difference in using an approved SLC SD card or not is the data archive and logging features would either be enabled or not respectively.

Therefore the following original statement makes no sense as it is not possible:
I tested the RPi on a NON approved sd card a couple weeks ago and it booted into the MB dashboard.

Seems that the original statement should have said that the non approved SD card was booting Raspberry OS....and not MB. The MB image does not have GUI on the local system. The MB GUI is always accessed via browser on a different system.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 10:29:02 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline 2thepoint

• NJ WeatherCat
Re: RPi Set Up -Clarity
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2021, 10:29:27 AM »
some clarity on my past post on the subject.....

Galfert I agree that "data archive and logging" is designed by MB not work when using an uncertified SLC SD card.  However I was running multiple instances of MB on the same local network.  I learned this from experimenting - "testing an RPi3b" using a uncertified SLC SD card.

I downloaded the RPi3b version of the MB image from MB's website.  Using RPi Imager, I copied it to a 32GB uncertified card and installed it on my RPi3b.  After I learned of my mistake of trying to access MB directly from the RPI. Yes you are correct in that I did NOT access MB directly from the RPI.  I did successfully access the MB start-up screen from a browser.  At that point I had two separate copies of MB running on my local network.  One was an active production copy on my old 3020v3, the other was a trial copy of MB running on the RPi3b.  Each had a separate IP address.  The trial copy appeared to be fully functional except for the "data archive/logging".  I scrolled through the initial set-up screen(s) and the data fields such as Network, Weather Station, Weather Networks were empty.  There was also a payment screen in the event I wanted to purchase a second copy. 

I repeated the RPi3 experiment this morning - see below:
System
Platform:   Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ 
RAM:   941 MB total, 846 MB free (10% used)
Storage:   SL32G SD card not supported, no local storing of data
SW Version:   Meteobridge 5.1 (Jun 13 2021, build 2124), FW 1.3
Uptime:   0 hours, 47 minutes    Buffer:

License
Tryout License: yes valid until 2021-07-03 (14 days left)
License Key:
License now for 65 €
Online Payment

as always, thanks for all your help

GW1000
HP2551
GW2000
WS90
WH41B
Meteobridge/RPi4