Author Topic: WeeWX - Weather34 template daily Chart not available  (Read 630 times)

Offline lombaseggel

WeeWX - Weather34 template daily Chart not available
« on: March 08, 2020, 09:20:56 AM »
Hi all,

i had a well working WeeWX installation with the weather34 template. Since today 1.45 there is no more update of the daily chart. I see only monthly and yearly csvīs beeing generated in the chartdata. Any ideas how to fix that? My site: steinenbronn-wetter.de

Marc

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
Re: WeeWX - Weather34 template daily Chart not available
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 03:03:10 PM »
Hi all,

i had a well working WeeWX installation with the weather34 template. Since today 1.45 there is no more update of the daily chart. I see only monthly and yearly csvīs beeing generated in the chartdata. Any ideas how to fix that? My site: steinenbronn-wetter.de

Marc
I don't use weather34 template, but my guess is that something in your setup changed to Daylight Saving Time at 2am, when DST took effect here in the states (if I'm correct, it shouldn't have in Germany, do you have a console set up for the US or something?).

So first I would make sure all your components are on the correct time, and then back up your data before trying the next step.

I also had trouble with my setup after the DST change.  I solved it on my Davis VP by using the command
Code: [Select]
wee_device --dump, hopefully the missing reports will be generated at the next archive interval, or you can rebuild them.  Dumping the data logger does not clear the logger, but "dumps" it to the database, so if it doesn't work for some reason your data is still there (but still back up before hand just in case).

http://www.weewx.com/docs/utilities.htm#wee_device_utility

You could also search the forums or ask for help if you need to here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/weewx-user

Offline lombaseggel

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 03:12:40 PM »
Thanks SnowHiker!
The option --dump is not available with my hardware. All time settings are fine
I see this errors in the log:

Mar  8 20:05:46 raspberrypi weewx[20343]: cheetahgenerator: Generate failed with exception '<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>'
Mar  8 20:05:46 raspberrypi weewx[20343]: cheetahgenerator: **** Ignoring template /etc/weewx/skins/Weather34/w34charts/chartdata/result.csv.tmpl
Mar  8 20:05:46 raspberrypi weewx[20343]: cheetahgenerator: **** Reason: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'float' and 'NoneType'
Mar  8 20:05:46 raspberrypi weewx[20343]: ****  Traceback (most recent call last):
Mar  8 20:05:46 raspberrypi weewx[20343]: ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/cheetahgenerator.py", line 332, in generate
Mar  8 20:05:46 raspberrypi weewx[20343]: ****      fd.write(str(compiled_template))
Mar  8 20:05:46 raspberrypi weewx[20343]: ****    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Cheetah/Template.py", line 1045, in __str__
Mar  8 20:05:46 raspberrypi weewx[20343]: ****      rc = getattr(self, mainMethName)()
Mar  8 20:05:46 raspberrypi weewx[20343]: ****    File "_etc_weewx_skins_Weather34_w34charts_chartdata_result_csv_tmpl.py", line 251, in respond
Mar  8 20:05:46 raspberrypi weewx[20343]: ****  TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'float' and 'NoneType'

i read that this can be caused by a sensor beeing offline. As the other reports are fine, i will wait till tomorrow morning to see if this solves on its own

Thanks
Marc

Offline lombaseggel

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 06:33:25 AM »
Working again after the day switched :-)

anything