Weather Station Hardware > Rainwise Weather Stations

My WS-2000 finally died - after 23 years

<< < (2/4) > >>

CW2274:
I have no idea. Mucho complaining here. The antenna is inside the console.  :roll:

johnd:
The range with the 6313 console is still 1000+ feet in the open air. Davis are adamant that this specification is still met by the 6313. The problem is that the 6312 console significantly outperformed the specification, whereas the 6313 simply meets the specification. (At a guess, if you set up both ISS and 6313 console in the open air at a height of eg 6 feet then the console would receive OK and with an RSSI better than -90.)

Of course range in practice depends on what materials are in the direct signal path between ISS and console antennas, how high each antenna is above the ground etc etc.

Swede:
Johnd, thanks for the information.  It is appreciated.

I still am leaning towards a new Rainwise MKIII-LR, but my needs are unique.  Since I have been using Weatherview 32 software, I like their reports, and I use them.  Convenience of having ready access to them on the host computer is important.  My problem is I am using version 7 of the software, and they seem to have shut down operations.  My current need would be as follows:

Rainwise MKIII-LR
Rainwise CC-3000
Weatherview 32 version 8 (Pro edition)
Rainwise IP-100 (possibly)

The version of Weatherview 32 that works with the MKIII-LR (and what I need)  is version 8 Pro , and that will work with the CC-3000 data logger.  I would get the IP-100 just because I would get more sharing options.

DoctorKnow:
Do you know why the sensors died? Maybe if you open up the housing, you can find what is wrong with it. If it's not working, you have nothing to lose by trying.

Swede:
I noticed over several months there would be occasionally 5 minute to 30 minute blocks with the station not transmitting.  Last week, started getting more and more periods of no transmission.  Checked battery level via Weatherview 32 and it was still a little over 6 volts.  Figured battery might be dying.  Finally, when unit stopped transmitting totally, pulled it down and opened it up, installed new battery.  Nothing.  As far as trying to diagnose what the actual cause of the dead station, that is out of my level of expertise.  At this point, Rainwise hasn't had parts for the WS-2000 for years, so getting it fixed by them doesn't seem to be an option.  23 years was a good run for that piece of equipment.

--- Quote from: DoctorKnow on December 26, 2023, 09:01:02 AM ---Do you know why the sensors died? Maybe if you open up the housing, you can find what is wrong with it. If it's not working, you have nothing to lose by trying.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version