Weather Station Hardware > AcuRite Weather Stations

New AcuRite Iris 5-in-1 will not connect to wifi

(1/1)

Atom:
I have gone through the wifi setup procedure several times and each time I get a proper indication of a good connection although the signal strength of the wifi indicator is low. I have tried doing this with the instrument in close proximity to my wireless router, but it doesn't make any difference in the signal strength indicator. However, the MAC address of the instrument never shows up on my network. I have two wifi networks and it will not connect with either one even though I get a success message on completion of the setup procedure. When I go to the MyAcuRite App, and enter the MAC address, it tells me the device is not connected. This is a brand new unit. Suggestions?

worachj:
Most likely it's a bad display. Is your display receiving data from the 5-N-1 sensor without any problems?

Not sure if your display has this, but on some displays there was a reset button in the battery compartment that you would press for 10 seconds to reset the display.

This may be of some help:
https://support.acurite.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007561134-Connecting-a-Wi-Fi-Display-to-Your-Wi-Fi-Service-

Again, most likely a WIFI problem on a bad display.

Atom:
I suspect that the problem is that my home network gateway is 10.0.0.1 and this is a 192.168.x.x device. I just need to figure out how to bridge it. I have another wireless router this is also 192, and the AcuRite connects to it quite nicely. I will try to see if I can bridge to it and use it for the AcuRite. I will post back if I can make it work.

jhudson7583:

--- Quote from: Atom on January 01, 2023, 11:04:48 AM ---I suspect that the problem is that my home network gateway is 10.0.0.1 and this is a 192.168.x.x device. I just need to figure out how to bridge it. I have another wireless router this is also 192, and the AcuRite connects to it quite nicely. I will try to see if I can bridge to it and use it for the AcuRite. I will post back if I can make it work.

--- End quote ---

Are you using a 2.4ghz wireless network? I've had issues since i purchased my iris 5 and 1 in early september 2022.
the iris will not work on a 5ghz network. sometimes it takes me multiple attempts to connect the iris. My current isp (Charter spectrum) has a terrible router and i have ordered a Tp-Link (3rd party) to replace it.
I get full strength wifi signal as well as full sensor signal.. it will connect and peform flawlessly for 28-32 days, then disconnect. :( then i have to push the gear button on the display and re connect everything again. so annoying. I believe this is a issue with my ISP (charter spectrum) and not accurite. I suspect that spectrum resets the ip's every 28-32 days and the iris somehow gets lost during the refresh process and doesn't re-connect.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version