Weather Station Hardware > What Weather Station Should I Buy?

Water level monitoring in the well with the weather station. Which sensor?

(1/2) > >>

BuddyTheElf:
Hello! I am wondering if it is possible to connect some sensor to the weather station to monitor the water level in my well? I have an ECOWITT HP2564 Wittboy with HP2550 TFT Display and I was wondering if there is any possibility for it to work with a sensor such as:
https://aliexpress.com/item/32791153600.html

Ideally, the measurement would be displayed on the TFT display and on cumulusmx or pwsdashboard.

Please advice on how to go about this. I will be grateful for any advice.

davidefa:
I already taught of something similar ( but did not try it yet ).
I think the easier way is to use a wn30 and a 'converter circuit' that converts the 0-5V input ( from wrt-136 liquid level gauge sensor ) to 'ntc' ( that connects to wn30 in place of the ntc sensor ).
You could convert a 0-5m sensor in a 0-50.0°C on the display ( you have a 1cm resolution but the decimal point is shifted 1 position )
Or you could could convert a 0-5m sensor in a 0-5.0°C on the display ( you have a 10cm resolution )
The 'converter circuit' could be a simple esp8266 board for example ( remote configuration/calibration/software update )
You need also a double power supply ( 3.3V for converter circuit and wn30 and 12V for wrt-136 )

BuddyTheElf:
Thank you for your answer. The idea seems very good, and the implementation is not expensive. Could you please share how to connect the wrt136 sensor and the wn30 to converter circuit (some scheme?). And how to program converter circuit, I will be very grateful. Or, give some tips on where to look for such knowledge and information.

davidefa:
A super simple circuit like the attached one should work:
- R1-R2-C1 convert 5V level ( from level sensor ) to 3.3V
- R3-C2 is the pwm to analog converter
- IC1 is a buffer

The software is quite simple:
- read analog input A0
- convert analog value to pwm value
- output pwm value on D5

As we don't know what kind of ntc is used in wn30 we have to take a series of measurement to derive a conversion table ( or to derive the K of the ntc ).
I considered a sensor with a 0-5V output, but if the cable is very long, or passes near interference generating lines, a sensor with 4-20ma output should be preferred ( in this case the input circuit should be slightly modified )

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

davidefa:
Are you still interested in visualizing the water level in your well?
I'm currently testing a sensor that simulates the wh31 protocol, it can be connected to an external sensors like the one you proposed.
It does not connect to an existing wh30/wh31 but it is a stand alone circuit. In this way it is easier to transmit what we want ( without ntc emulation as proposed in previous posts ).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version