Weather Station Hardware > WiFiLogger/Meteo-Pi

WifiLogger to InfluxDB

<< < (2/2)

PaulMy:
Thanks Wojtek,
I often check that wflsql site, but learned a few new tricks you've pointed out \:D/

I am on v2.34 and downloaded v2.41.  Is it as simple as selecting Setup > System > Internet Firmware Update and [Update]?

Enjoy,
Paul

WiFiLogger:

--- Quote from: PaulMy on April 01, 2022, 10:41:48 AM ---I am on v2.34 and downloaded v2.41.  Is it as simple as selecting Setup > System > Internet Firmware Update and [Update]?

--- End quote ---

Yes, but please make it twice.
1. Download 8 HTMLs and new firmware
2. New firmware will ask server for additional AirLink HTML. (old firmware did not know about AirLink)

fjordey37:
Thanks Wojtek,

I like and tested for a bit - and really like - can that be done locally?
My purpose is to not rely on internet connectivity to do this (I need to keep this on my local network)...

I know some will say I can run windows and just use the Davis software, yet not an option since I use a MAC.
So the goal is to run a database on my NAS so it is accessible to me locally.

Mark

WiFiLogger:

--- Quote from: fjordey37 on April 01, 2022, 12:51:58 PM ---I like and tested for a bit - and really like - can that be done locally?

--- End quote ---

Today one person has foound issue with my custom export.
I  am always using port 80 for my exports functions.
Now it is known problem, so I will try to fix it with the next firmware.
If you will use standard port 80, then it should work locally.

My PHP&MySQL is perfect to export data from station to the server. Much better than FTP.
But the same you can have using WeatherLink.com.
When you generate free DID on WL.COM, then WiFiLogger will send data to WL.COM and you can use WeatherLink PC software to download archive data.

My solution PHP&MySQL is more powerfull if you need to sort and choose specific data from last months, or years. It is easy when you have data in your SQL database.  :grin:
It is very hard to operate on data from WL.COM, because you have no access to the server. You have to download all data from WL.COM, then you can sort it as you like.  :?

fjordey37:
Just an update -
I gave up for a few months - and finally started back on this project -
My basic setup for sending to MQTT - is using PHP&MTSQL - (was trying Wflexp.json) as Wojtek had mentioned above - maybe the new FW 2.40 will work now with Wflexp.json now...

The part that was throwing me after figuring that out is telegraf was not working - what I had to do under "Inputs" section of the config is add this:
---
  [[inputs.mqtt_consumer.json_v2]]
    [[inputs.mqtt_consumer.json_v2.object]]
        path = "[@this]"
        timestamp_key = "tutc"
        timestamp_format = "unix"
---
and then almost like magic the data was flowing into InfluxDB
---
Maybe someone else has a different setup with telegraf please share...

I'm using Grafana to display the data -
Note this is all being done locally on my internal network - the ultimate goal is to rid of windows weatherlink software for data collection. I'm on a MAC so I'm limited to what I can do. -

Currently using unraid, docker and virtual machine to run this setup - eventually I will move everything to virtual machine. (it was just easier doing in parts while troubleshooting the process).

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version