Weather Station Hardware > WiFiLogger/Meteo-Pi

cannot change SSID

(1/2) > >>

docbee:
I have wifilogger connected to a certain AP fine. Now I tried to connect the wifilogger to another AP with a different SSID. I can make the changes in the setup menu, press "save" but after restart "network info" tells me that it is still connected to the old SSID. Is that a bug? Is there a work-around like resetting the device to factory defaults and to start from there?

WheatonRon:
You should post your question where WiFilogger will see it, not creating a new thread.

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=34312.msg389748#msg389748

galfert:

--- Quote from: WheatonRon on September 27, 2019, 11:42:18 AM ---You should post your question where WiFilogger will see it, not creating a new thread.

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=34312.msg389748#msg389748

--- End quote ---

I disagree.  WiFilogger now has its own subforum. Keeping that old thread going is craziness. I've already spoken to Wojtek and he will be closing that long thread very soon. He is just waiting to announce some changes before he locks it.

galfert:
Nice to see the docbee'meister checking out the competition.  [tup]

WiFiLogger:

--- Quote from: docbee on September 27, 2019, 11:34:54 AM ---I have wifilogger connected to a certain AP fine. Now I tried to connect the wifilogger to another AP with a different SSID. I can make the changes in the setup menu, press "save" but after restart "network info" tells me that it is still connected to the old SSID. Is that a bug? Is there a work-around like resetting the device to factory defaults and to start from there?

--- End quote ---

It is not a bug. It was programmed.
Connection after reboot is restored. Function which is connecting logger to WiFi is restoring old connection.
If you like to connect to new SSID, please disable old router and reboot WiFiLogger with white button. When there is no old SSID then it will be switched to new SSID.

I have to check it, but probably it is already changed in new firmware 2.25. It should drop old SSID when you click on SAVE, but still restoring connection after reboot.

There are some limitations also. Library will not accept some passwords like less than 8 characters. In this case, probably also old SSID would be used.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version