Weather Software > VP Tools (Virtual VP, VP Live, and VP Tools)

What firmware version work?

(1/4) > >>

Dave97:
Trying to get vvp to work what versions will it work with?

92merc:
I see no one has answered this yet, so I'll attempt it.

First off, firmware of what?  I'm guessing your Davis console.  If that's the case, you can only go to version 1.90 of that firmware.  VVP died when the new LOOP2 commands came out for the logger/console after version 2.  So the latest V3 won't work either.

Dave97:

--- Quote from: 92merc on June 04, 2019, 05:16:59 PM ---I see no one has answered this yet, so I'll attempt it.

First off, firmware of what?  I'm guessing your Davis console.  If that's the case, you can only go to version 1.90 of that firmware.  VVP died when the new LOOP2 commands came out for the logger/console after version 2.  So the latest V3 won't work either.

--- End quote ---

Yes the console what about the data logger itself? does that have firmware if so how do you know what it's using? I can only find info about the green dot i am using the USB logger. It seems that if i bought a old console would it work with the newer VP2 sensor suit?

johnd:
Afraid that it's best to avoid VVP completely these days - it will only still work in limited circumstances.

Loggers (other than the IP logger) do not have their own firmware - the only thing that matters here is the console firmware.

v1.90 DOES support LOOP2 - you need a version before v1.90 if you want something that does not offer LOOP2. To find the firmware version see:

https://www.manula.com/manuals/pws/davis-kb/1/en/topic/updating-console-firmware (first blue panel)

But it's not necessarily easy to acquire old firmware versions.

NB Using old firmware does not guarantee success. With some programs it is OK if they check for the availability or not of LOOP2 but other programs don't check and just expect LOOP2 to be there. Also, finding a free and compatible version of the virtual com port driver can be tricky with some versions of Windows - it would probably be helpful if someone could post an up-to-date summary of which drivers work with which Windows versions, noting that 32-bit Windows versions will have different options to 64-bit versions.

Dave97:
It makes sense that the IP version data logger has firmware and the rest don't. I can get a VP2 console with 1.82 firmware. Not sure if it will work with my new ISS suit? My console is using 3.15 and from looking at another post can not be downgraded.

What is the LOOP2 even for?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version