Weather Software > VP Tools (Virtual VP, VP Live, and VP Tools)

Vantage Vue firmware 3.72

(1/3) > >>

kIya:
Been trying to sort this out but a lot of these posts are older...

I have Cumulus up and running great on WIN10 64 using the Davis serial (USB) logger.  Separately I was also able to successfully get a Raspberry PI running Weewx connected to my Davis data logger.

Is there any working solution to allow me to run both Cumulus and Weewx  simultaneously??

PaulMy:
VVP is no longer being developed but is still available to download and did work on previous Windows http://www.softwx.com/weather/virtualvp.html

Enjoy,
Paul

kIya:
Thanks PaulMy!  I have successfully connected Virtual VP to my logger on COM 3, then Cumulus to one of the virtual TCP/IP ports in VP.
Now I cant seem to get weewx from the Raspberry to connect with one of the other virtual TCP/IP ports in VP.
In VP it seems I only have 2 IP' available for the virtual TCP/IP ports, 127.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.78 port 5512.
I tried configuring weewx for both ip's but no luck yet...   I can ping the Raspberry from the host PC running VP

What might I be missing???

Update, I did notice an error in the log when launching weewx,  " Vantage: Socket error opening port 22222 to ethernet host 127.0.0.1"

Update 2, I updated the weewx.conf file and VP to use 10.0.078  5512 and established a connection!  However after weewx is moving further along it now stops and says..

Vantage: IP read error: Timed out    VP is connected too and seems to be sending to weewx fine but can not hear back.

chief-david:

--- Quote from: PaulMy on February 23, 2019, 11:11:06 AM ---VVP is no longer being developed but is still available to download and did work on previous Windows http://www.softwx.com/weather/virtualvp.html

Enjoy,
Paul

--- End quote ---

Every time I see this-it makes me depressed. Such a good idea. It would be nice if someone could get a source code and update it.

kIya:
Oh boy,  that don't sound good...  I thought was on a roll...

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version