Author Topic: Froggit no longer honour warranties if you're in the UK  (Read 1011 times)

Offline safetythird

• Luckaborough Farm
Froggit no longer honour warranties if you're in the UK
« on: June 07, 2021, 04:20:37 AM »
Hi all, I bought a Froggit weather station prior to the Brexit deadline. after 6 months the wind speed stopped displaying. Everything else still works and the anemometer spins freely but I can't get wind speed, the thing I'm most interested in.

I contacted Froggit to get it replaced under warranty but was told that, since Brexit came into effect, they no longer honour warranties for items sold to the UK.

I now have to either live without windspeed or buy a new station. Just something to be aware of if you're in the UK.

Offline broadstairs

• Forecaster
Re: Froggit no longer honour warranties if you're in the UK
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 04:56:58 AM »
I am no lawyer but I think that is probably wrong and should be challenged, unless they put a clause in their warranty to say that this would happen. Also very bad from a customer perspective especially if this becomes well known in the EU, what's to say it wont happen to others. I'd expect everyone either in the EU or outside to be very circumspect about dealing with such a company. Very bad PR! I also wonder what Fine Offset will think of this as I presume they supply the goods!

Stuart
Ecowitt GW1003 with ultrasonic wind gauge, lightning sensor and PM2.5 sensor with Personal Weather Tablet as a console.

Offline jimi

• Contributor
    • Well Road Weather
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 11:02:30 AM »
I suspect someone somewhere has got the wrong end of the stick.
There's no mention that I can see about not honouring warranties on there website, if they are taking that line then by the same logic they won't honour any warranty in any country outwith the EU.
Somehow I can't see that being the case  :???:
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Offline safetythird

• Luckaborough Farm
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 12:09:47 PM »
I no longer have the email unfortunately but it just said I could no longer return a device under warranty due to Brexit. The item is now out of warranty and I’m considering what I replace it with, whether to get another fine offset system or try and up the budget for a Davis Vue but that’s significantly more expensive.

Offline PCM

• Newark Novice.......
  • Very New to this,
    • Highfield Weather
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2021, 09:21:06 AM »
Sorry to hear problems.............If you want a refund and paid by credit card you may wish to look at a section 75 cliam

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/section75-protect-your-purchases/

Take care
https://pcmwx.com/
Ecowitt WS80 & Ecowitt WH40
Ecowitt GW1100A
CumulusMX & Utils
WU:INEWAR40

anything