Author Topic: Weather Link Live Inside Temperture - notably high  (Read 620 times)

Offline Smithee

Weather Link Live Inside Temperture - notably high
« on: May 25, 2021, 04:45:38 AM »
Morning,

Just noting my Weather Link Live Unit temperature reading is notably high - inside is currently 24oc and a side by side thermometer shows 21.0 (its an old house and rarely ever reaches 24).

If it helps, its connected to the ethernet as the wifi stopped wanting to connect (it would keep throwing an error of unable to join the network).

I was just wondering if anyone else's weather link live readings were a little on the high side?

Andy

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Weather Link Live Inside Temperture - notably high
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 10:05:54 AM »
Hi Andy,
Maybe this discussion will help WeatherLink Indoor Temp 10 degrees higher than WeatherStation (wxforum.net)

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 11:27:21 AM »
I had to move my unit around until I found a spot that agreed with another thermometer and humidty.  Not always in the ideal spot, but then again .  I think in the app on the smart phone, there are off sets.

Offline Smithee

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 01:48:47 PM »
Thanks for the replies - I have moved mine and its lower now, still seems a little high though tbh - I'll take a look at the offsets :)

Andy

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 02:22:22 PM »
Inside temperature is always tricky to pin down exactly. There's obviously less air movement indoors compared to outdoors, unless you have a fan or aircon running or a window open. And rooms often have cooler (near a doorway or window) or warmer (near a heater or radiator) spots.

That's always then compounded to an extent when you have a temperature sensor well inside an enclosure that also contains some heat-generating circuitry - a VP2 console with a network logger (IP/WFL/Nano) is a classic example. WLL would be less affected I think but isn't immune. The only way to get a reliable reading for inside temp is to have a separate sensor like a Davis 6834 and a transmitter and pick up the reading as an extra T or T/H on a WLL But that's a pretty costly solution.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Smithee

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2021, 03:31:17 PM »
Thanks for the reply

I found the adjust option in the app, adding in a -1.5 compensation seems to be closer to reality.

Andy

Offline foxpup

• Weather Conditions in Deerfield - Blair
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 11:36:10 AM »
One thing that can cause elevated inside temperature readings is when one sets the orange LCD back-light on continuous.  (a state I like to keep mine in so I can actually read my station from across the room)  It will cause the readings to be a few ticks too high for me.  (Of course I'm running on A/C, not batteries. :-) )
I'm not easily distracted.  I'm just really good at... LOOK!! A Chicken!!

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2021, 12:39:45 PM »
That is one of the differences in the Davis consoles and Weatherlink Live device, there is no interface to look at nor LCD lighting in the WLL.  The WLL is geared for WiFi internet and Davis App.

Enjoy,
Paul

anything