Author Topic: Help, getting a "Bad Gateway -The process did not produce a response" **solved**  (Read 664 times)

Offline 2thepoint

• NJ WeatherCat
Hello,
My webcam died so I attempted to replace it with a Zymodo ZP-IBH23W. Edited the old config string on MB trying to connect the new cam. Now the drop down menu on the MB, under "Weather Station" tab  i.e. Primary Station, Cam, Settings, Mapping, all return a Bad Gateway -The process did not produce any response when launched.  So I cannot access my primary or secondary weather station, cam, or settings. 

Tried a reboot from the dashboard and a power cycle with no success.

At this point I'm lost.

Any guidance/help is greatly appreciated & thanks in advance.

Phil

TL-MR3020V3 (no USB hub) -ethernet connected
RAM: 60592 kB total, 18992 kB free (68% used)
SW Version: Meteobridge 5.1 (May 6 2021, build 3867), FW 1.3
Uptime: 15 hours, 28 minutes Buffer: 2 items (0%)

PWS - Ecowitt GW-1000

« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 03:54:13 PM by docbee »
GW1000
HP2551
GW2000
WS90
WH41B
Meteobridge/RPi4

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
What is the camera URL configuration string that you are using?
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline 2thepoint

• NJ WeatherCat
Hi Galfert,
I've tried two different strings.  I believe that after editing the cam config and attempting to "save" the changes, I lost the Weather Station tab.  As noted in my original post, I have no way to view or edit anything on that tab.  All the subsets under the Weather Station tab return the Bad Gateway.

https://192.168.1.xxx/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=xxxxxxxx@hotmail.com&pwd=xxxxxxxx

http://admin:admin@192.168.1.xxx/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?loginuse=xxxxxxxx@hotmail.com&loginpas=xxxxxxxxxx

thanks for your help.
GW1000
HP2551
GW2000
WS90
WH41B
Meteobridge/RPi4

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Neither of those URLs seem like they are for Zmode cameras. Those two that you listed look to me like URLs for Foscam and for Dahua respectively.

There is no standardization to get a still image from an IP camera. Every manufacture has implemented their own API. Even within the same manufacture, depending on model the API syntax can differ sometimes.

It seems that since you have gone with a different manufacture than your previous camera, is why you are getting no image and an error. You didn't say what you were using before, but based on the URLs that you provided it seems that you had Foscam or Dahua before. Realize that Dahua is the main manufacture of a lot of other brands like Amcrest, Lorex, Honeywell, Q-See, Panasonic and like 50 others.

If you want to make it work with your new camera then you'll have to find out what the correct URL syntax is for the model that you have. You can reference the ispyconnect website to see if what they have listed works. This website sometimes has errors and sometimes is incomplete. Here is the ispyconnect page for Zmode:
https://www.ispyconnect.com/camera/zmodo

It can get tedious to try all the different options listed in ispyconnect only to still not successfully get an image. Therefore another thing you can try is to contact the manufacture or reseller for help. This often is a dead end and many times IP cameras may have these API URLs but the customer help is not well informed nor able to help because of lack of training. You can also look for official documentation on the manufacture's website. This too can often be information that is not available even if the camera really does have the capability. Lastly you can try and Google for the API syntax of the camera or do what you are doing here and ask in a forum. But I would maybe suggest looking for an IP camera forum and not a weather forum where other people that use IP cameras hang out. If you exhaust all these options it is possible that the camera model that you have just does not have the capability of producing a still image as some IP cameras only have streaming video capability...which the Meteobridge cannot use. If you just got this camera and everything leads to a dead end with no solution then you may want to consider returning the camera for one that has the capabilities that you need. My suggestion would be to stick to a camera that is popular so that it makes it easy to get help from other users.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 04:58:23 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline 2thepoint

• NJ WeatherCat
Galfert,
Thanks for the detailed reply.  I will search for the appropriate API for the new Zmodo.  You were 100% on with identifying the former camera which was a Foscam.
I think this may be a two part issue on my part.  Need to resolve the cam API and the MB issue.
There is still the problem of not being able to edit anything on the Weather Station tab.  I get the Bad Gateway page whenever I attempt to click on any of the drop downs.......primary station-cam-settings-mapping.  Nothing but a blank page with Bad Gateway -The process did not produce any response

Thanks again!
GW1000
HP2551
GW2000
WS90
WH41B
Meteobridge/RPi4

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
The TP-Link hardware is getting old. It can be tedious and annoying and freeze up when a configuration is not correct especially with regards to the camera. That wrong setting could be causing it to just time out and make the menus less responsive. I have a few suggestions...

You could edit the configuration file manually and then replace it after editing it. There are a number of ways to do this. The simple way is to download the configuration and edit the file on the computer and then use the web interface to upload the edited configuration file. You'd be looking to remove the configuration line where the web cam URL is listed. But this can be a catch 22 if you can't download and upload the edited configuration file, therefore another more advanced method is to SSH in. But that requires know how. If neither of these two options work then you can try powering down the IP camera temporarily to see if that helps. Lastly you may need to do a factory reset and hopefully you have a backed up configuration file so that you don't have to manually reconfigure everything.
Tele-Pole

Offline 2thepoint

• NJ WeatherCat
Galfert,
I agree the tp link has been online for about 3-4 years so it has many hours under it's belt??  btw, I have a new in the box 3020v3.  Would it be worth flashing it and load the edited config file??

I did find a config backup file dated sometime during 12/2019  I'll try editing out the cam settings.  I may luck out since I don't recall having a cam connected back then.

I'll have some time later tonight to experiment and will keep this post updated.

Thanks for all your help.  I'm not tech savvy, but I love it!

Phil
GW1000
HP2551
GW2000
WS90
WH41B
Meteobridge/RPi4

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
The 3020v3 is probably more hassle than it's worth. Not much to gain. If you truly want an upgrade then consider moving to the Meteobridge RPI version to gain performance of many times faster interface and tons of features (graphs and data archive and more). It is very easy to set up the Meteobridge RPI as zero Linux knowledge is required and no command line work is needed. You just copy an image to an SLC SD card and pop it in the Raspberry Pi and then power up. Everything is web browser interface configured. I ran a TP-Link for several years and my upgrade to the Meteobridge RPI was a major improvement. You can transfer the Meteobridge software license.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 07:11:47 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline 2thepoint

• NJ WeatherCat
Galfert,
The RPi suggestion is real viable.  I have an unused RPI 4 hidden somewhere under my desk.  Tomorrow's project. Already on Boris's site. I'll update the post with good news I hope!!

Thanks again for all you help.

Phil
GW1000
HP2551
GW2000
WS90
WH41B
Meteobridge/RPi4

Offline 2thepoint

• NJ WeatherCat
The RPi is up and running on a "non industrial" micro SD..  Ordered one that was approved, awaiting delivery.  Loaded a config file and the settings ported over without issue. The RPi also resolved the "Weather Station" tab error.  Will revert back to the 3020 until I receive the new card.

Galfert, Thanks again for your help.

Phil
GW1000
HP2551
GW2000
WS90
WH41B
Meteobridge/RPi4

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Not sure what you ordered. But for what it is worth and in case you can still cancel, my recommended SLC SD card is the SDSDQED-016G-XI from Mouser. You can order now and get it in 2 weeks when it will finally be back in stock. It has been a long wait for these cards to come back in stock (4 - 5 months).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 01:10:50 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline 2thepoint

• NJ WeatherCat
Nice trade off. Cancelled my order for a swissbit 1gb and ordered the SDSDQED-016G-XI- WD 16gb.  Saved a few dollars too!  Thanks.
GW1000
HP2551
GW2000
WS90
WH41B
Meteobridge/RPi4