Author Topic: Will a Vantage Pro anemometer pair with Vantage Vue  (Read 306 times)

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
Will a Vantage Pro anemometer pair with Vantage Vue
« on: May 07, 2021, 01:52:21 PM »
Ok hopefully someone will understand what I'm trying to say here. My question is, can I add the Vantage Pro Anemometer as an add-on to my Vantage Vue I already own. Keep in mind the Vue is nine years old. The reason I'd like to add it to my existing station is that where the Vue sits it works fine for everything except my wind speed. If it will work will it work with the WLL? If so will I have two wind reports in my bulletin on the app?

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
Re: Will a Vantage Pro anemometer pair with Vantage Vue
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 02:23:49 PM »
I don't think the Vue console can handle adding other devices.  I think you'd have to buy a Vantage console and configure it to use channel one as the Vue ISS.  Then your anemometer would need it's own transmitter and setup on a different channel.  Then the Vantage console can be configured to use the second channel as the wind source.  Your Vue console would be stuck to showing the Vue wind values.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 02:37:21 PM »
I don't use a console. I use the WLL and you can add another and you can add another device but I'm not sure how it all works. Maybe I need to call Davis.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 03:00:04 PM »
Yes, certainly. Obviously you do need to use a 6331/6332 transmitter for the 6410 anemometer and set to a different channel from the Vue but assuming that's what you mean then no problem. Actually, wl.com will recognise and read both anemometers, but you can set the 6410 as the primary anemometer if you wish.

Oh, and if you were to have a console as well as or instead of the WLL, then that's fine too. A 6332 + anemometer is the one supplementary transmitter that a Vue console can see.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 03:08:46 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.