Author Topic: Another Station Review  (Read 885 times)

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
Another Station Review
« on: March 16, 2021, 12:58:17 PM »
Here is another "book report" by an uninformed writer. Read the "Positive" and "Negative" comment for a WTH? moment. Be sure to fill out the comments section.

https://jasonbox.net/davis-instruments-6250-vantage-vue-weather-station-review/

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
Re: Another Station Review
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 02:49:39 PM »
I like the first photo - a 2 cup anney!
Mark

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 03:47:46 PM »
My favorite is the negative comment about the Vue being solar powered so the user might need "extra batteries" .... 😆😆😆😆.

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 08:32:46 PM »
Just saw another article... this one said the Vue can mix and match components from the Pro 2. (Can't have solar or UV). Also it said that the console can display meteor showers on the Vue display. ROFLMAO !  Also it said that the display cannot show metric.

I wrote in the comment section the writer needs to know what he is talking about before writing a "book report".

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 12:05:02 AM »
It's true that the Vue console has an astronomical calendar and it can diaplay lunar and solar eclipses, meteor showers and other information. The meteor showers are called Perseids and they are due to when the Earth passes by the comet Swift-Tuttle. Happens around July through August.

The other stuff... metric, yeah sounds bad. The Vue console though can be swapped into a VP2 or other way around. Maybe that is what they meant. And the Vue can display UV and Solar Radiation when paired with a VP2 ISS. But true you can't add those components to the Vue ISS.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 12:17:27 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline EdOz

• The Weather Station Experts
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 01:26:31 PM »
I love clicking on the About Us and being sent right back to the homepage. Come on, man.

Any one of these sites that doesn't have a name and picture and can at least confirm on google that this person is real, I throw em in the trash. I mean if people don't do that, then that's their own fault. Basic common sense

anything