Author Topic: Trying to merge Weatherlink.com Station history  (Read 605 times)

Offline mdwx

Trying to merge Weatherlink.com Station history
« on: March 02, 2021, 04:20:02 PM »
I apologize up front if this is a stupid question but i'm having a brain freeze day.

When I purchased Weatherlink live I did not consider my prior history when setting up.  Now I have two separate stations with two different device ID's with weather history on weatherlink.com / weatherlink cloud.  Is there an easy way for someone who is no shape or form a computer wiz to move the inactive station's history over to the current weatherlink live DID?  All data is online with no data logger involved.  Prior to purchasing WLL 6100 I was pushing it directly online via meteobridge. [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Hope that makes sense...

Thank you

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
Re: Trying to merge Weatherlink.com Station history
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 04:34:28 PM »
I think you can ask Davis to move the data across. Not sure how keen they are on doing this but I'm pretty sure they have done it in the past.
Mark

Offline mdwx

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 06:40:36 PM »
Thank you, I will give that a shot.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 05:57:21 AM »
Thank you, I will give that a shot.

Certainly worth asking, but don't be surprised if the answer's no. I don't know what your previous upload device was, but the data may well be held at weatherlink.com in a distinct format from the one that WLL uploads use. So while almost all data transformations are possible in principle, it may not be viable for Davis to do in practice (at least currently).

The only definite way I know of for getting old data into a new WLL station is to create a single local text file of data that uses exactly the same format as exports from the Browse menu of Weatherlink for Windows. There is then an upload feature for such files. But this must be done carefully - any significant errors in the upload file may be tricky to recover from. If you have old data in Weatherlink for Windows files and follow the instructions carefully then all should work OK, but that's probably the only reliable option.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.