Author Topic: Anyone using TWI WR-25?  (Read 3016 times)

Offline longmire

• Contributor
  • WD (latest) GRL3_2 WF TWI WR-25e Win10Pro
Anyone using TWI WR-25?
« on: November 01, 2008, 12:39:46 PM »
I have a 14+ yo Texas Weather Instruments WR-25  Firmware 2.000 - the ones BEFORE the nice new jucntion box and plug connections.

It is connected via an RS-232 serial port to my PC, running XP Pro SP2, VWS 12.08p11. I am looking for a way to automatically update/change the console time on this unit to synchronize it with the PC's clock (that synch's with NIST 2x daily).

This unit cannot and never has been able to work with the TWICAL software from TxWx. It DOES work with the ancient DOS-based TWILog program, but obivously, to use that, I must shut down VWS, and launch TWILog in a CMD window, and manually select which options to run. TWILog does have an option to synch the console clock with the PC time, but this is a one-shot thing.

SOOOooooo......  Anyone out there have a neat little solution? Yes, I HAVE talked with Dave at TWI many times about this, and the answer is always the same, "Yeah, that IS a good suggestion, but we just build the units, and rely on others to write software."

I have also used WeatherView32 in the past, but found the lack of any sort of response to technical questions unacceptable. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I switched to VWS 4 years ago, and have relied on the forums ever since.

Steve