Author Topic: New weather station hardware!  (Read 1145 times)

Offline sdc

New weather station hardware!
« on: November 14, 2019, 04:42:39 AM »
I've finally had time to install my new Ambient Weather WS-2000 station this week. I'm very impressed with it. The online web app, both on my phone, tablet or laptop, is excellent, and the hardware is clearly well made and very comprehensive. I've added two additional temperature/humidity sensors (conservatory and greenhouse), and pleased to see I can add a few more if required.

Outdoor sensor array
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

(5m aluminium pole mounted via T&K brackets on the rear of the garage, providing a good 10 metres separation from significantly higher buildings, and allowing roughly 1 metre separation from the nearest part of the garage roof. The base of the pole is actually sat on the paving slabs behind the garage, so the brackets don't carry any real weight; they simply brace it vertically and remove any lateral movement. The aluminium is of sufficient gauge to avoid any noticeable whipping.)

I'd really like to get the data into Ambient's Virtual Weather Station software, as I really like the displays and graphs that it produces, but that's a continuing project...!   :-)

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
Re: New weather station hardware!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 05:58:41 AM »
I have a pole like that. Was in my garage when we bought the house. I should do that.

anything