Author Topic: Vantage Vue cannot calibrate barometric pressure  (Read 1992 times)

Offline snowmantruckee

Vantage Vue cannot calibrate barometric pressure
« on: December 08, 2017, 02:06:05 PM »
I have followed the directions (page 28 of console manual) to try and adjust barometric reading. However The press and release 2nd then press and hold set  only brings me into the master setup routine. I have tried all sorts of variations but no luck. I believe the instructions are wrong but I don't find anyone else reporting this problem. Suggestions?
Note: I am trying to tweak the the setting from 30.67   to  30.45, not change from NOAA, ALT, None
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 02:08:20 PM by snowmantruckee »

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
Re: Vantage Vue cannot calibrate barometric pressure
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 02:13:36 PM »
I know this doesn't answer your question, but if you use the altimeter setting all you need to enter is your elevation MSL, no calibration is needed.

Offline VaJim

• Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 02:43:55 PM »
I have followed the directions (page 28 of console manual) to try and adjust barometric reading. However The press and release 2nd then press and hold set  only brings me into the master setup routine. I have tried all sorts of variations but no luck. I believe the instructions are wrong but I don't find anyone else reporting this problem. Suggestions?
Note: I am trying to tweak the the setting from 30.67   to  30.45, not change from NOAA, ALT, None

to recap:

Calibrating Barometric Pressure
Before calibrating the barometric pressure, be sure the station is set to the correct elevation.

See “Screen 10: Elevation” on page 11 for more information. Find the nearest source of
barometric pressure, such as a local airport, to get a current barometric pressure.
1. Press BAR to select barometric pressure.
2. Press and release 2ND, then press and hold SET. The barometric pressure variable blinks.
3. Continue holding SET until the Weather Center reads “SET BAR.”
4. Press the < and > keys to select digits in the variable.
5. Press + and - keys to add to or subtract from the digit’s value.
6. Press DONE to exit calibration.

If you don't see the current reading 'blinking' start over.

Offline snowmantruckee

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 04:19:09 PM »
I feel like a complete jack ass now. I have been pushing 2nd and "setup" not 2nd and "set" key.  :-(

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 04:32:20 PM »
I feel like a complete jack ass now. I have been pushing 2nd and "setup" not 2nd and "set" key.  :-(
Curious, you're obviously using inches of mercury, why not just use the altimeter setting instead of hassling with the "calibration"?

Offline VaJim

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 08:12:42 PM »

don't feel so bad....it happens to all of us from time t time.  I'm glad you figured it out.

anything