Author Topic: I need some technical information about the "HP1000Sepro/HP2551C" Device  (Read 693 times)

Offline Maximux

• My Weather Station
Hi everyone at the forum, I ask those more experienced in the sector, some information about the "Froggit HP1000Sepro" / HP2551C "device:
Is it possible to have access to device system folders via USB connection to the PC how to do with the old HP1000 device with WIN- CE and the Active Sync program?
I noticed that by pressing and held down the button on the back with a paper clip and simultaneously feeding the device the screen remains black does not start the easyweather software then connecting the USB cable to the PC install the following drivers (see attached image).
This looks like a "loader / recovery" type modality in over
It seems that the PC detects it as a USB flash memory combination, but it shows no unit or mounted partition.
Is there any additional software to be installed to read the software content of the device or manage this mode? Thank you.

I await some information, thank you.

Regards.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 09:21:39 AM by Maximux »

Offline Gyvate

• Forecaster
As far as I know there is no "simple" way how to access the operating system of the console nor the SD card via WiFi.
To access the SD card it has to be taken out and connected to another computer device.
Also, HP1000 and HP1000SE Pro are completely different hardware and firmware (console operating system).
The only port the console has open is 45000 - and it posts only to the weather networks (WU, WC, WOW, Ecowitt and to a custom server).
You can verify with a port scanner like portqry.exe under Windows.
WS2350 1.6.7, GW1000(3) 1.7.7,WH2650 WiFi (2) 1.7.7 (test/backup), GW1100 2.3.1, GW2000(3) 3.1.1, HP2551 1.9.5,5.1.5;HP3500 1.7.2,WS3800 1.2.8, WN1910 1.2.3,WN1980 1.2.3;
Ecowitt WS90(2)1.3.5/1.4.0, WS80(2)1.2.5, WS68, WS69, WH40, WH31, WH31-EP, WN30, WN34L, WN35, WH32, WH32-EP, WH32B, WH57 [Lightning], WH41 [PM2.5], WH51, WH45, WH55
MeteobridgePro(2)[test,prod] 5.8 Mar 01 2024, 15185 - Blake-Larsen Sun Recorder - RPi4/weewx 4.8.0/4.10.2/CumulusMX 3283/Meteobridge RPi4B-2GB(3169)
Barani Meteoshield Pro, MetSpec Rad02 - Ecowitt 5763,34418;WU ISAARB3(WH4000SE),ISAARB22(HP2553), http://meshka.eu

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
As I think you have realised the USB port is only there to allow the manufacturer to install the base bootloader firmware.
Any software that's around to change that is not publicly available to my knowledge.

As a result the HP2551 is not remotely addressable in any way to read its memory or live data in the same way that old Fine Offset models used to be.

The only way to see remote data is to have the console send data via wifi to a remote system (such as a RaspPi) using the 'custom' server export mode in the console and you can then interrogate the data there.
G1ZFO

Ecowitt HP2551A + WH65 Tri-Wing (Wunderground: IGUILDFO67)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Wunderground: IGUILDFO68)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Mk2) test environment driving CumulusMX on a RPi 3b
Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)
Ecowitt WS90 Wittboy - Test
Ecowitt WH51 (x6) Soil Moisture Sensor
Ecowitt WH41 PM2.5 AQM Sensor
Ecowitt WH31 (x8) Thermo/Hygro Sensor
Ecowitt WS80 Ultrasonic Anemometer (pre-prod test)
Ecowitt WH57 Lightning Sensor -test
Ecowitt WH32-EP (SHT35) + Davis 7714 Screen
Ecowitt WH45 CO2/PM2.5/PM10 -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Soil Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Water Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN35 Leaf Moisture

Offline wardie

• Senior Contributor
The only other idea I had is using a WiFi-enabled SD card, like people used to use in DSLR cameras to get the data off quickly if the camera didn’t have WiFi. But I don’t think you can get those in microSD form.
Froggit HP1000SE Pro-C console (HP2551-C)
Froggit HP1000SE Pro ultrasonic multi sensor with Ecowitt EC0002 heater (WS80)
Ecowitt Anemometer 5-in-1 array (WS68)
Froggit DP80 rain gauge (WH40) with spikes
Froggit indoor temp/humidity/pressure (WH32B)
Froggit DP50 Internal temp/humidity x2 (WH31)
Ecowitt Outdoor temp/humidity & RS-00001 shield (WH32)
Froggit DP200 PM2.5 outdoor (WH41)
Ecowitt indoor CO2 PM2.5 PM10 (WH45)
Froggit DP100 soil moisture (WH51)
Froggit DP60 Lightning detector (WH57)
Froggit DP1500 server dongle (GW1000A) x2
Raspberry Pi 4 / WeeWx-GW1000 API interface
WU: IKNEBW2

Offline Maximux

• My Weather Station
Ok, so for the moment you don't find software to manage this device from USB, it would be useful for restoring it in case of the wrong firmware installation or to test different firmware or downgrade if nesessary.
Some experienced programmer will be able to acly to the internal system.
It would also be useful to have a firmware decompiler ".bin"
To extract the software to create CUSTOM FIRMWARE to be able to agree functions or mafars it would have been useful to decompile ecowit and ambient firmware and maybe add both functions in a single firmware to have both manageable servers in one device.
It would be good to have device software sources.
However in the end what interested me most was to have the USB recovery software to be able to test with the FW, in order to be able to install the "ambient" FW on the Ecowitt device, so that you can restore it in case of brick.
Thanks for the voters courteous answers, if you have more news let me know.

Regards.

PS: it would also be useful to have .bin file sources file Editable to be able to modify, maybe, the language file.ini of the program and be able to add translations of missing languages ​​that had the old Easyweather of the "HP1000" which also matches the Italian language that in this new one is missing.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 03:44:12 AM by Maximux »

Offline Gyvate

• Forecaster
As interesting as these ideas and plans of yours might be, I hope that you are well aware that you are driving at a very close edge to come in conflict with the forum rules.
If you happen not to have closely read them: https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=3991.msg34395#msg34395
The Ecowitt firmware is Fine Offset / Ecowitt property and reverse engineering or de-compiling etc. of copyrighted material is not in tune with current law.
No offense meant !

WS2350 1.6.7, GW1000(3) 1.7.7,WH2650 WiFi (2) 1.7.7 (test/backup), GW1100 2.3.1, GW2000(3) 3.1.1, HP2551 1.9.5,5.1.5;HP3500 1.7.2,WS3800 1.2.8, WN1910 1.2.3,WN1980 1.2.3;
Ecowitt WS90(2)1.3.5/1.4.0, WS80(2)1.2.5, WS68, WS69, WH40, WH31, WH31-EP, WN30, WN34L, WN35, WH32, WH32-EP, WH32B, WH57 [Lightning], WH41 [PM2.5], WH51, WH45, WH55
MeteobridgePro(2)[test,prod] 5.8 Mar 01 2024, 15185 - Blake-Larsen Sun Recorder - RPi4/weewx 4.8.0/4.10.2/CumulusMX 3283/Meteobridge RPi4B-2GB(3169)
Barani Meteoshield Pro, MetSpec Rad02 - Ecowitt 5763,34418;WU ISAARB3(WH4000SE),ISAARB22(HP2553), http://meshka.eu

Offline Maximux

• My Weather Station
As interesting as these ideas and plans of yours might be, I hope that you are well aware that you are driving at a very close edge to come in conflict with the forum rules.
If you happen not to have closely read them: https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=3991.msg34395#msg34395
The Ecowitt firmware is Fine Offset / Ecowitt property and reverse engineering or de-compiling etc. of copyrighted material is not in tune with current law.
No offense meant !

I apologize, I didn't think they were reserved Copyright as the devices were made from several houses also Chinese. And in any case I was not saying to open the bin files but I intended if the producing houses issued the licenses and the sources or in any case opened the libraries to make them become open source precisely to allow other programmers to create new FW for devices.
However, at least they could receive and listen to suggestions and changes to make them FW to improve operation from users. Let's say I'm a bit disappointed because you can't decide to have both uploads on EcoEitt that environment at the same time and to do this we need to take complex alternative solutions to be able to do this, when they simply could make a FW with both and just buy only the license to use it With your own device, or maybe environment with a device or more 868MHz devices compatible with EU sensors with their type system like a WS-2902B display with FW Ambient at 868MHz that connects to the Ecowitt sensor. It would be much easier to have both upload systems without too many machines.
For me it would have been much easier to buy another Ambient brand display at 868 MHz to upload them on their system.

Sorry again first let's say to the limit of copyright infringement.

I will try to look for a way to communicate with the manufacturers to exhibit my ideas and suggestions.

Thank you.

Regards.

PS: Do you know if there is a way or place to make requests for added improvements etc. for FW directly at the Ecowitt house?
Do I have to write them directly to the technical support? Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 04:41:36 PM by Maximux »

Offline Gyvate

• Forecaster
In general Ecowitt have an open ear for suggestions regarding the functionality of their devices or even regarding new devices.

We have observed that and quite a few in this forum have good connections and relationship into Ecowitt and quite some suggestions have been implemented (and some not - but that's the supplier's freedom).
There are some beta testers of Ecowitt devices in this community, there is a forum (not only) for suggestions at ecowitt.com.

That there are two different "ecosystems", Ambient and Ecowitt and clones (even though even the Ambient firmware is made - on Ambient request - by Fine Offset/Ecowitt) is due to business agreements between Ambient and FineOffset. You can join both if you buy a license for ambientweather.net and use this e.g. via Meteobridge. I think galfert already replied to you in this regard in another post of yours.
You can also use the FOSHKplugin with a Raspberry Pi and don't need an extra Ambient console if you have an Ambient license.

Many possibilities.

Offline Maximux

• My Weather Station
You have reason GYVATE, use of these systems includes the most specific configuration and programming level compared to configuring a simple display or gateway by application by entering Key / Mac / User / Pass only.
Then the ambient connection only interests me because they have an Android app much more detailed well done that it has no Ecowitt and then connects the station you have devices like Google Home and Alexa.
If Ecowitt also made a similar thing would be better, at least dedicated graphics app for Android that displays as the site because I didn't find, only apps that use Wu but are not much and they send them external sensors like that of lightning.

Thanks again.

Offline olicat

• Forecaster
  • GWxx00, HPx5x1C, WN1900C, WN1980C & WS3xx0C
    • FOSHKplugin
Hi!

There'll be an app for Ecowitt also: https://www.ecowitt.com/shop/forum/forumDetails/107
Instead of pushing for the very improbable merging of the firmware versions of Ambient Weather and Ecowitt, you could contribute your own ideas and concepts to the development of the app.

Regards, Oliver

Offline Rover1822

• Forecaster
    • Mini Wind and Solar Data project
The only other idea I had is using a WiFi-enabled SD card, like people used to use in DSLR cameras to get the data off quickly if the camera didn’t have WiFi. But I don’t think you can get those in microSD form.

Wardie, your post interested me, and I started to go down this route a while ago, but I ran into a significant road block with the micro sd card. I tried a few micro sd to sd adapters, ones that plug into a micro sd slot and provide a cable to a female sd slot. The problem I ran into was none of the cables would click correctly into WS-2000 (same as HP2551C) slot, I mean they fit, but would not click in (If you check reviews on this type of cable, you will find lots of issues with other devices for the same reason), part of the reason is that the micro sd slot is recessed quite a bit.  My initial thought was for just bringing out the SD to make firmware changes easier on this console. Had it worked, there may have been a possibility of doing a WiFi SD card (Although that might be finicky as well, as most that I have seen allow for reads but don't do writes, and if they do writes, it's in specific formats only, like images). If you think about, kind of makes sense as there would be contention issues with the sd from the host device, like having two disk controllers attached to the hard drive.

But alas, as I could not even get an adapter to work with the slot, I stopped wasting my time.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 08:55:55 AM by Rover1822 »
Ambient:
  WS-2000
  PM 2.5(2)
  WH31B(2)
  WH40E
  WH31P
EcoWitt:
  GW1100
  GW1000(4)
  WH31(2)
  WH57
  WH51(12),
  WH40
  WH5360B
  WN34S
  WittBoy WS90 + GW2000
  WS90 (other one) + GW1100
Personal Sites: Weather Cam

Offline wardie

• Senior Contributor

Wardie, your post interested me, and I started to go down this route a while ago, but I ran into a significant road block with the micro sd card. I tried a few micro sd to sd adapters, ones that plug into a micro sd slot and provide a cable to a female sd slot. The problem I ran into was none of the cables would click correctly into WS-2000 (same as HP2551C) slot, I mean they fit, but would not click in (If you check reviews on this type of cable, you will find lots of issues with other devices for the same reason), part of the reason is that the micro sd slot is recessed quite a bit.  My initial thought was for just bringing out the SD to make firmware changes easier on this console. Had it worked, there may have been a possibility of doing a WiFi SD card (Although that might be finicky as well, as most that I have seen allow for reads but don't do writes, and if they do writes, it's in specific formats only, like images). If you think about, kind of makes sense as there would be contention issues with the sd from the host device, like having two disk controllers attached to the hard drive.

But alas, as I could not even get an adapter to work with the slot, I stopped wasting my time.
Glad you’ve done the R&D for me then! I only had a quick scan. I was going to get a full size SD card for my DLSR but then technology overtook it and my current camera body has WiFi built in anyway.
Froggit HP1000SE Pro-C console (HP2551-C)
Froggit HP1000SE Pro ultrasonic multi sensor with Ecowitt EC0002 heater (WS80)
Ecowitt Anemometer 5-in-1 array (WS68)
Froggit DP80 rain gauge (WH40) with spikes
Froggit indoor temp/humidity/pressure (WH32B)
Froggit DP50 Internal temp/humidity x2 (WH31)
Ecowitt Outdoor temp/humidity & RS-00001 shield (WH32)
Froggit DP200 PM2.5 outdoor (WH41)
Ecowitt indoor CO2 PM2.5 PM10 (WH45)
Froggit DP100 soil moisture (WH51)
Froggit DP60 Lightning detector (WH57)
Froggit DP1500 server dongle (GW1000A) x2
Raspberry Pi 4 / WeeWx-GW1000 API interface
WU: IKNEBW2

Offline zoomx

• Senior Contributor
To extract the software to create CUSTOM FIRMWARE to be able to agree functions or mafars it would have been useful to decompile ecowit and ambient firmware and maybe add both functions in a single firmware to have both manageable servers in one device.
Making custom firmwares it is not a simple task also if reverse engineering was possible.
You need to know which MCU is used, then an SDK for that MCU and a update packet builder, and you need how the remaining hardware is managed, for example the display.
GW1000 has inside an ESP8266, it is simple to write an alternative firmware but you need to know how the radio works.
The new WS1900 that is in beta testing has a completely different MCU, an Opulink, maybe the OPL1000 that I never heard before.
Not simple.

I believe that Ambient hardware uses the 915MHz ISM band that in Italy is not allowed because is used by 3G or 4G (WindTre I believe)

Offline Maximux

• My Weather Station
Hi!

There'll be an app for Ecowitt also: https://www.ecowitt.com/shop/forum/forumDetails/107
Instead of pushing for the very improbable merging of the firmware versions of Ambient Weather and Ecowitt, you could contribute your own ideas and concepts to the development of the app.

Regards, Oliver

Yes, in the end I was interested in using ambient only because he had App and Home Speaker management, if even Ecowitt is his app with similar functions it's okay.
Another thing to offer added FW Ecowitt for HP2551 and that of being able to choose the position on which you must save the daily history if you save them in the internal memory (Flash) or in the external memory (microSD). This HW version, compared to the previous one that had 4GB internal flash memory, at only 16MB of which half is already occupied. This implies a limited data history, even if you back up on the microSD this is not loaded in the historical table of the device, so you cannot have a complete database active on the device, once the menoria suicuriously has suicuriously subvrashes the data Old will no longer be available to visualize them on the device.
If someone is in contact with FW developers it could propose this addition.
Thank you.

PS: In the end I installed Foshkplugin and I'm testing the system. I still have to inform myself well to activate upload to ambient.

Offline olicat

• Forecaster
  • GWxx00, HPx5x1C, WN1900C, WN1980C & WS3xx0C
    • FOSHKplugin
Hi!

I still have to inform myself well to activate upload to ambient.
Just have a look to the recipes section of https://foshkplugin.phantasoft.de/generic under "Upload to Ambient Weather".
This is how I use Ambient Weather here in Germany with DP1500 from Froggit and without having a physical Ambient Weather station because of the 915MHz problem.

Regards, Oliver

anything