Author Topic: About data transfer  (Read 3829 times)

Offline hswaters

• hswaters
About data transfer
« on: July 13, 2011, 08:36:03 PM »
I have started a trial use of Cumulus.  I see in the internet setup part that it has two sections already set up for APRS/CWOP, Wunderground and PWS.  Does this mean that if I want to send data to any other system I have to work out the format of what to send?

Offline neondesert

• Forecaster
    • http://www.neondesertweather.com
Re: About data transfer
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 07:12:55 PM »
I have started a trial use of Cumulus.  I see in the internet setup part that it has two sections already set up for APRS/CWOP, Wunderground and PWS.  Does this mean that if I want to send data to any other system I have to work out the format of what to send?

Correct.  The software is setup, as you have already noted, to send data to those third parties. 

Where are you trying to upload to?
Larry
"But it's a DRY Heat!"

Offline hswaters

• hswaters
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 09:36:29 PM »

Correct.  The software is setup, as you have already noted, to send data to those third parties. 

Where are you trying to upload to?

I was just trying to be sure I was doing things right.

Offline mikesin

• Valencia, Pa
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 09:25:36 PM »
I read your post on sandsoft's forum, did you sent Steve then info? Im interested in the response....

Thanks

Offline hswaters

• hswaters
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 09:33:29 PM »
I read your post on sandsoft's forum, did you sent Steve then info? Im interested in the response....

Thanks

If you are talking about the rain not being displayed on the cumulus program the problem was apparently caused by the Davis DLL not running from 20:00 until later the next day.   It seems like I had installed a different web cam at the time the DLL stopped.  I guess the install did it.  If I had restarted windows it would not have happened.  I installed a web cam that has a resolution of 800x600 pixels.  Quite an improvement over the old logitech ball cam I was using. 

Offline hswaters

• hswaters
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 09:35:27 PM »

Thanks

Possibly you are referring to the FTP errors I was getting.  I did not read enough of the post.  I was sending redundant data.  The most popular forums are already, all you have to do is click the box and cumulus takes care of all data transfer. 

Offline mikesin

• Valencia, Pa
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 09:37:19 PM »

Thanks

If you are talking about the rain not being displayed on the cumulus program the problem was apparently caused by the Davis DLL not running from 20:00 until later the next day.   It seems like I had installed a different web cam at the time the DLL stopped.  I guess the install did it.  If I had restarted windows it would not have happened.  I installed a web cam that has a resolution of 800x600 pixels.  Quite an improvement over the old logitech ball cam I was using. 

I was referring to the DLL issue you had - and i posted to the wrong thread :(((  Thanks for the update..