Author Topic: Data Export  (Read 714 times)

Offline Jasper3012

Data Export
« on: November 12, 2021, 04:20:44 PM »
Is there another way to export data from weatherlink? Their current data export is totally useless, the excel file it sends you is unusable, as shown in the pic.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Data Export
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 10:14:42 PM »
Can you outline the exact process to have done to produce that example? That's not a standard WeatherLink export?

Offline Jasper3012

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 07:10:31 AM »
Just pressed the data export button and opened the received file.

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 07:38:22 AM »
What do you perceive as wrong with the download. Obviously we cannot see the detail of the file from that small screengrab, but superficially it looks fine. You may have to do some playing or discards with the various header lines (if that's your issue?) but that's to be expected.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 08:04:28 AM »
What do you perceive as wrong with the download. Obviously we cannot see the detail of the file from that small screengrab, but superficially it looks fine. You may have to do some playing or discards with the various header lines (if that's your issue?) but that's to be expected.

Agreed, and you have not imported it as a comma separated file.
Mark

Offline Jasper3012

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2021, 08:40:10 AM »
I need the data all in separate columns so I can actually do something with it, it should be like in the pic below (data export from another website). Right now it's all in 1 column which makes it unusable, unless I manually type all the data in separate columns, which is obviously not do-able.

Offline Jasper3012

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2021, 08:47:03 AM »
Welp I'm an idiot, turns out there's a simple button to change the csv to separate columns. Thanks all!

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2021, 09:30:11 AM »
Part of the problem is that latest versions of Excel are perhaps getting a little too clever, but in doing so aren't quite as intuitive as used to be the case.

The weatherlink.com CSV download file is structured fine, but you do now have to put a little more effort into understanding exactly how these later Excel versions need to be configured and used.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.