Author Topic: AcuRite AIR Indoor Air Quality Monitor  (Read 2044 times)

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
AcuRite AIR Indoor Air Quality Monitor
« on: December 01, 2020, 09:00:54 PM »
I never noticed this before ... seems to be a new product to me. I have an interest in getting an air quality monitor but know nothing about them. Just started doing some research now about them. Anybody have any knowledge about AcuRite's Air Monitor?

AcuRite AIR Indoor Air Quality Monitor
https://www.acurite.com/shop-all/weather-instruments/weather-stations/acurite-air-indoor-air-quality-monitor.html

« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 09:37:47 PM by worachj »

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Re: AcuRite AIR Indoor Air Quality Monitor
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 09:40:11 PM »
AcuRite Blog - The Importance of Indoor Air Quality and How to Measure It

https://www.acurite.com/blog/how-test-indoor-air-quality.html
Combined with an AcuRite Access™ for My AcuRite™ Remote Monitoring, you can keep tabs on the conditions at home from anywhere, and take action to improve conditions when they fall outside ideal healthy air conditions.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 02:24:16 PM »
Hmmm might be new I don't remember seeing this, its outa stock I do see.
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 08:52:02 PM »

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 09:08:21 AM »
Strange ... they removed the link for the Air Monitor. I can't find it on their website anymore. Still showing that they're processing my order though. Now thinking they didn't know it was a live working link and I'm expecting them to cancel my order.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 01:52:08 PM »
Yea I see that getting a error 404, let us know how you make out!!
KMIBADAX38

Offline leweatherobzver

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2021, 07:40:31 PM »
Yeah, AcuRite has removed some other products lately, like the Direct to WiFi Atlas station.
My weather station: https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNCRALEI695
Setup: AcuRite 5-in-1 with Direct to WiFi Display

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2021, 11:31:36 AM »
Since there was no way to cancel my order I had to contact customer service and ask what was going on with my order. Just as I thought, the Air Quality Monitor is not yet available.

We apologize, the model 01412 was accidentally released to our website momentarily before we could remove it.  This model is not yet available for purchase as we do not currently have stock for it.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2021, 06:14:01 PM »
Thanks for the update  [tup]
KMIBADAX38

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2021, 03:06:13 PM »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 03:13:00 PM by worachj »

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2021, 09:43:16 PM »
I wish it would report to the Access so I could see it on MyAcurite.

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2021, 08:52:55 AM »
KMIBADAX38

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2021, 10:19:38 AM »
I wish it would report to the Access so I could see it on MyAcurite.

I bought it thinking it did connect with the Access. In the earlier blog posts they said it did ... hmm. Looks like they removed that statement from their earlier post. I'll report back with screen shots if it does!

Combined with an AcuRite Access™ for My AcuRite™ Remote Monitoring, you can keep tabs on the conditions at home from anywhere, and take action to improve conditions when they fall outside ideal healthy air conditions.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2021, 01:08:33 PM »
Ordered on Monday and it arrived today Wednesday via FedEx. Looks like a nice unit.

I really don't know much about Air Monitors, so I'm learning as I go forward. Currently its only reading a 0 or 1. Hard to believe my air quality is that good, since I live in a small house with everything sealed up for winter. All the windows are covered with plastic and we're in the middle of winter during a cold snap. I guess they say cold, crisp clean air around here. Wondering what will happen the next time my pizza drips cheese in the oven and the house gets smokey.

Sad to report that the Access does not pick up the new Air Monitor Unit. I guess it would be easy enough to do with a new firmware update. Maybe they will roll out an update soon!

I plan on contacting AcuRite to ask them about the Access supporting the Air Monitor.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 01:11:49 PM by worachj »

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2021, 02:33:39 PM »
I contacted AcuRite about Access/Web/App support for the new Air Monitor. Here's their reply ... No Plans for Support.

Thank you for reaching out to us.
The 01412M is not compatible with the Access, website, or app and there are currently no plans to make it compatible, we apologize.  I will forward your feedback to the correct department.

Added Edit: My guess is that the initial design had a transmitter built in and it was their intention to make it compatible with the Access, but for whatever reason the transmitter was removed from the final design and build.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 10:43:29 AM by worachj »

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2021, 08:04:18 PM »
Thought I had a defective unit because it was reading 0 all day. Started dinner and it shot up to 133 into the unhealthy range. Always seem to have some kind of oven burn off of spills/spatter, just normal cooking for me. Interesting so far, going to have to see how long it takes to drop into the good range again. Going to be fun watching it.

Really liking it so far. The display is crisp and clear and looks nice. Wish AcuRite's other displays looked so good.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2021, 03:45:26 PM »
Hmmmmm interesting and disappointed I was hoping it would be compatible with the access, does seem like a nice little unit. Thanks for the update and your observations
KMIBADAX38

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2021, 04:20:19 PM »
Thanks for the update!! I guess I will not be ordering one till it works with the Access. Once again thanks for taking the time and trouble to update all of us.

I contacted AcuRite about Access/Web/App support for the new Air Monitor. Here's their reply ... No Plans for Support.

Thank you for reaching out to us.
The 01412M is not compatible with the Access, website, or app and there are currently no plans to make it compatible, we apologize.  I will forward your feedback to the correct department.

Added Edit: My guess is that the initial design had a transmitter built in and it was their intention to make it compatible with the Access, but for whatever reason the transmitter was removed from the final design and build.

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2021, 11:51:19 AM »
I’m really liking the monitor. Finding out that cooking effects the air quality more than I knew. Never like using my range's exhaust fan because of noise; need to start using it more to keep the air cleaner. Surprise to find out the dishwasher spikes monitor readings. Good to know the furnace has a good filtration system that helps clean the air.

I’m disappointed that this device isn’t compatible with the Access. Having daily graphs on the app/MyAcuRite.com would provide helpful insight into which activities and equipment effect air quality. So, I’ve been trying to determine if this device has a transmitter without prying it open and looking for it.

From my online readings it’s my understanding that Air monitors typically have three sensors; oxygen, carbon monoxide, and carbon dioxide. The Oxygen Sensor and Carbon Monoxide Sensors are an electrochemical sensor’s and the Carbon Dioxide Sensor is an infrared detection sensor. Those sensors should have nothing to do with frequency interference.

My question is why would they have this footnote at the bottom of the manual that deals with interference of radio and telecommunications terminal equipment if the device doesn’t have a transmitter?
FCC Information
Hereby, AcuRite, declares that this Weather Station is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 1999/5/EC
This device complies with part 15 of FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
1.    This device may NOT cause harmful interference, and
2.    This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.

This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference
in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not
installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
•    Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
•    Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
•    Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
•    Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.

NOTE: The manufacturer is not responsible for any radio or TV interference caused by unauthorized modifications to this equipment. Such modifications could void the user authority to operate the equipment. This device complies with Industry Canada license-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
1.    This device may not cause interference, and
2.    This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

anything