Author Topic: New Stuff - Ecowitt Has the Newest Fine Offset Hardware  (Read 58451 times)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Easyweather2 ?
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2019, 11:15:52 AM »
Hello, has anyone tried Easyweather2 to see if it can read any of the FO weather stations via IP?
This software seems to be linked to the HP3500/3501 console but as far as I can tell if it works over IP for that it should work for the HP2550/WS2000 and perhaps the 2902 as well.

for ease the software can be found here:
http://download.ecowitt.net/down/softwave?n=EasyWeather2

I tried Easyweather2 with the GW1000 USB plugged into Windows 10 Pro Lenovo Thinkpad laptop. It does not work in Easyweather2 but I see the data in mobile WS View app. As for reading via IP I'm not sure how you would do that with Easyweather2. Does Easyweather2 automatically find other consoles on the network? Because I see no where to configure the IP address for the console in Easyweather2.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 11:20:55 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio
  • Senior Contributor
Re: New Stuff - Ecowitt Has the Newest Fine Offset Hardware
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2019, 11:26:12 AM »
Update...I did order a GW1000 with the 5% at Amazon...will see if it works with my WS...I have the air quality unit so that will work anyway. I look to add the soil monitors later if this works well.
Ecowitt WH2320E
AcuRite Atlas

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2019, 11:29:25 AM »
OK, I was kind of assuming/hoping that the Easyweather software found the console on the local network.
Perhaps it was wishful thinking.
This is all in my probably fruitless search to see if there are simpler ways to get the data from the console/gateway!
I expect since Easyweather2 was written they have changed the port/protocol that the consoles now use to communicate with the WS View app.
That said, the HP3500/3501 is a current TFT display so you'd think the firmware/protocols would be the same and that this software would work for the HP2550/WS2000 the same as the WS-View app. I base this on the point that WS View supports the HP3500, so some logic to my thoughts!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 11:43:32 AM by Mandrake »
G1ZFO

Ecowitt HP2551A + WH65 Tri-Wing (Wunderground: IGUILDFO67)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Wunderground: IGUILDFO68)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Mk2) test environment driving CumulusMX on a RPi 3b
Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)
Ecowitt WS90 Wittboy - Test
Ecowitt WH51 (x6) Soil Moisture Sensor
Ecowitt WH41 PM2.5 AQM Sensor
Ecowitt WH31 (x8) Thermo/Hygro Sensor
Ecowitt WS80 Ultrasonic Anemometer (pre-prod test)
Ecowitt WH57 Lightning Sensor -test
Ecowitt WH32-EP (SHT35) + Davis 7714 Screen
Ecowitt WH45 CO2/PM2.5/PM10 -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Soil Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Water Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN35 Leaf Moisture

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2019, 11:37:05 AM »
OK, I was kind of assuming/hoping that the Easyweather software found the console on the local network.
Perhaps it was wishful thinking.
This is all in my probably fruitless search to see if there are simpler ways to get the data from the console/gateway!
I expect since Easyweather2 was written they have changed the port/protocol that the consoles now use to communicate with the WS View app.

Well there is always WeeWx with the Interceptor driver to pull data from the GW1000. But it will only be the data that gets published to WU. That has been done. So no extra sensor data.
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=36150.0
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2019, 11:47:00 AM »
Well Ecowitt is certainly playing around and doing some updates to their map. Originally only stations that had at least wind and rain would show up on the map. Meaning if you just had a PM2.5 or soil sensor you were not on the map. Then yesterday these blue dots showed up on the map. They were GW1000 devices without a WH24 or without a WH65 I believe. Then this morning Ecowitt.net has been down and up and very slow. It seems to be finally back up. The good news is that no missed data. So it was only the front end that was being worked on. Now those same blue dots from yesterday are gone. Now they show up as gray markers and they all say that they last reported over 2 hours ago. I assume they will eventually drop off the map. Or maybe they will all come back and show up once again as blue dots. Nice to see them hard at work doing improvements I'm sure.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 11:48:41 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2019, 10:49:27 AM »
Update...I did order a GW1000 with the 5% at Amazon...will see if it works with my WS...I have the air quality unit so that will work anyway. I look to add the soil monitors later if this works well.

Just a quick update. I did receive my GW1000.

It just took a couple of minutes to set it up and after updating the firmware(s), to my pleasant surprise, my WH2320 shows up! This is great. The WS View app is pretty handy in administrating the set-up.

Once the snow melts, I will add a couple of the soil monitors as well.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 11:14:13 AM by MacGarage »
Ecowitt WH2320E
AcuRite Atlas

Offline kbellis

• Forecaster
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2019, 11:05:33 AM »
 [tup]

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2019, 12:25:36 PM »
MacGarage,
Awesome. Glad it works. I guess Lucy does not have the latest information of what their engineers have done. Or maybe there is some small gotcha like rain is not calibrated to that sensor model accurately or wind or something (just throwing possible scenarios). So do test and compare your data to see that it matches what you are reporting on your other console.

I see you on the Ecowitt.net map. Such few of us. Feels like we are pioneers. I'm liking the graphs on Ecowitt.net much better than Ambientweather.net. I feel Ambient needs to upgrade their software to this latest version that Ecowitt is running.

Tele-Pole

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2019, 12:33:16 PM »
MacGarage,
Awesome. Glad it works. I guess Lucy does not have the latest information of what their engineers have done. Or maybe there is some small gotcha like rain is not calibrated to that sensor model accurately or wind or something (just throwing possible scenarios). So do test and compare your data to see that it matches what you are reporting on your other console.

I see you on the Ecowitt.net map. Such few of us. Feels like we are pioneers. I'm liking the graphs on Ecowitt.net much better than Ambientweather.net. I feel Ambient needs to upgrade their software to this latest version that Ecowitt is running.

Actually, it was Lucy to that pointed me to the firmware updates after she saw I ordered the GW1000...very helpful!
Ecowitt WH2320E
AcuRite Atlas

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2019, 12:46:33 PM »
MacGarage,

Actually, it was Lucy to that pointed me to the firmware updates after she saw I ordered the GW1000...very helpful!

Oh okay. Maybe I misunderstood one of your previous comments where you said she said it wouldn't work with the GW1000.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 01:08:39 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2019, 12:54:03 PM »
I was basing my earlier comment on a question I had when the GW1000 first came out...I am happy things were updated to have the station I have...she has been very good at getting back with me quickly if I have a question.
Ecowitt WH2320E
AcuRite Atlas

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2019, 10:51:10 AM »
I was basing my earlier comment on a question I had when the GW1000 first came out...I am happy things were updated to have the station I have...she has been very good at getting back with me quickly if I have a question.

Looks like the WH2320 might not be compatible....

Tele-Pole

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2019, 10:53:37 AM »

I have a bad sensor...the warranty replacement is on the way from China....
Ecowitt WH2320E
AcuRite Atlas

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2019, 10:55:05 AM »

I have a bad sensor...the warranty replacement is on the way from China....

Oh okay ... Good!  [tup]
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2019, 09:38:40 PM »
GW1000 firmware 1.4.0 released. Ecowitt needs a firmware release notes page. I do not like doing firmware updates blindly.
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2019, 02:33:20 PM »
Well since I'm testing I upgraded to 1.4.0. I don't see that it did anything. One thing I don't like is that WU updates about every 1.5 minutes (1:25). That didn't change with 1.4.0. I took before and after screenshots of all screens. I don't see anything different. Must be internal or something I didn't catch before. I did notice that my PM2.5 reset its 24hr average after update. Rain totals are still there and calibration still held.
Tele-Pole

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2019, 02:34:47 PM »
Well since I'm testing I upgraded to 1.4.0. I don't see that it did anything. One thing I don't like is that WU updates about every 1.5 minutes (1:25). That didn't change with 1.4.0. I took before and after screenshots of all screens. I don't see anything different. Must be internal or something I didn't catch before. I did notice that my PM2.5 reset its 24hr average after update. Rain totals are still there and calibration still held.

I updated as well without any issues.
Ecowitt WH2320E
AcuRite Atlas

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2019, 03:29:48 PM »
Wow that was fast. Update 1.4.1 now available. Still looks the same. WU still updates every 1 minute and 25 seconds.
Tele-Pole

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2019, 03:36:57 PM »
Have you figured out a way to view your info via the mobile app, not via WU, when off the local wireless network?
Ecowitt WH2320E
AcuRite Atlas

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2019, 03:45:26 PM »
Have you figured out a way to view your info via the mobile app, not via WU, when off the local wireless network?

Viewing of all sensors only possible by two ways: mobile app (only works on local network) or via Ecowitt.net (works anywhere). You can for main weather station sensors add 3 other weather services: WU, WeatherCloud, Metoffice WOW.

The mobile WS View app was designed as sort of like a local console when on your network. It provides the most live data like you would expect any console to provide. It is also how you calibrate and configure. So the WS View app is pretty useless unless you are on the local network (besides letting you add multiple WU stations...that don't have to be your station and that works anywhere). I sort of like the WS View app for viewing WU stations. It provides a Humidity graph that WU does not provide.
Tele-Pole

Offline Shvedi

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2019, 10:28:58 AM »

Viewing of all sensors only possible by two ways: mobile app (only works on local network) or via Ecowitt.net (works anywhere). You can for main weather station sensors add 3 other weather services: WU, WeatherCloud, Metoffice WOW.

The mobile WS View app was designed as sort of like a local console when on your network. It provides the most live data like you would expect any console to provide. It is also how you calibrate and configure. So the WS View app is pretty useless unless you are on the local network (besides letting you add multiple WU stations...that don't have to be your station and that works anywhere). I sort of like the WS View app for viewing WU stations. It provides a Humidity graph that WU does not provide.

So Ecowitt WS View mobile app is different from the AmbientWeather app, that shows the AmbientWeather.net data adjusted to the mobile screen? Does the Ecowitt.net responsive and shows well on a mobile?

Another question:
I have the ws-2902 (without A) model, with the original firmware (3. something). If I'll get the GW1000 - will my station appear in Ecowitt.net?

Thanks

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2019, 10:58:13 AM »

So Ecowitt WS View mobile app is different from the AmbientWeather app, that shows the AmbientWeather.net data adjusted to the mobile screen? Does the Ecowitt.net responsive and shows well on a mobile?
Yes Ecowitt's app is a separate app that you install on your mobile device (Android or iOS). The WS View app looks identical the the Ambient awnet app...they are the same thing...but some minor version differences. You can have both installed at the same time but you can only open one or the other at one time (they hog the connection and don't share it) as it seems they talk on one port that is not shared. But I wouldn't say that the Ecowitt app shows the AmbietnWeather.net data. It is more like the Ecowitt app sees and shows you a live view to your sensor array and other sensors. The Ecowitt app does not show you historical data. It is just a live view like looking at your WS-2902 console.

I think the GW1000 live view on the WS View app looks great on a mobile device.

If you scroll down on this screen you see all the other optional sensors that you may have.

Another question:
I have the ws-2902 (without A) model, with the original firmware (3. something). If I'll get the GW1000 - will my station appear in Ecowitt.net?

Yes it will work with your WS-2902. But only if the frequency matches. Meaning 915 Mhz or 433 Mhz.  When you order the GW1000 you can specify which frequency you need. If you order in the US from Amazon then you'll get 915 MHz which matches all of Ambient's stuff. Then yes the GW1000 will publish your data to Ecowitt.net.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 11:08:31 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline Shvedi

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2019, 02:33:02 PM »
Yes, I have the 915 Mhz version.
I understood that the ws view app works only if your phone is within your wifi range, and it's useless if your not at home - but I didn't find an Ecowitt app on google play, only the ws view app. Do they have a special app or just a responsive site like Ambient used to have before they published their app?
Thanks very much!  [tup]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 02:41:51 PM by Shvedi »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2019, 06:10:23 PM »
This is what I installed. It does not say Ecowitt. You are right.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ost.wsview

I did a Google Translate for the Chinese text and it says this:

Shenzhen Osset Electronics Co, E.P.E.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 06:17:49 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio