Author Topic: WS 2800 Heavy Weather 1.5.2 Data File Problem  (Read 6911 times)

Offline TJT

WS 2800 Heavy Weather 1.5.2 Data File Problem
« on: November 01, 2012, 03:23:55 PM »
Hi. New here so please be gentle. [SelfDefence] I've had a search and can't find the answer to a problem  ](*,). [/SelfDefence].

I have generated a new current weather file Documents\heavyWeather\history\CurrentData.dat that I want to start from 1st Nov 2012. The problem is that it has downloaded the data from the 2800IT starting on 7/10/12 which I assume is the start of the 2800 memory buffer. I deleted all the data from 7/10 to 31/10 but when I restarted my computer and HW, it downloaded them all again. :-( How can I make the file commence on 1/11/12 without reloading all the stored data, bearing in mind that I want the data from 00:00 today?
Trev

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: WS 2800 Heavy Weather 1.5.2 Data File Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 07:32:32 PM »
Hi Trev and welcome.
Have you tried the factory reset on page 18 of the manual? It should dump all the stored data in the console/display and start over fresh with the present time.

You will need to save any data you have now on the pc to keep anything from Nov. 1 since it's past already.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 07:52:37 PM by DanS »

Offline TJT

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 05:44:43 AM »
Thanks for the reply Dan.
No, I havn't tried a reset, I was hoping that I could achieve what I wanted to do without one. I'll give it a whirl later. Shame the logs aren't plain text files that would make it easy to manipulate the data, like a reset now and then paste in the data for 1/11 to 2/11 from the end of the previous file.
BTW, do you know what exactly the 'Keep weather station in hi-speed communication mode' option in the Options does? Does it increase battey consumption in the base station?

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 06:01:49 AM »
I thought I remember reading that it does consume more battery power in the console due to the more frequent updating with the p.c. It wasn't on the earlier version s/w and added supposedly due to complaints of the console-p.c. link dropping occasionally. I never experienced that problem so never enabled that 'high-speed comm mode' feature myself.
Cheers!

Offline TJT

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 07:43:06 AM »
Thanks for that Dan. I do find the connection between my PC and the console a bit iffy. I have to resyncronise every time I start the PC S/W to get it to display the current weather (PITA) but the data seems to update in the background with HW not running OK  :???:

anything