Author Topic: Weathercloud vs Wunderground  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Wuthering_Heights

Weathercloud vs Wunderground
« on: August 09, 2022, 02:36:46 AM »
Does anybody else have problems with the update interval on weathercloud? It worked well for me for the first few days, and now I only get the normal 10 min update interval a fraction of the time, the remainder is irregular intervals, 20 mins, an hour, in one severe case three hours. One bad day I was down to only a 29% uptime.

I naturally assumed it may be a problem with my internet, but today I signed up on wunderground and it has been running like a well oiled machine all day with sub-1 minute intervals. Unfortunately, I vastly prefer the UI on weathercloud.
Logia LOWSC710SWB

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
Re: Weathercloud vs Wunderground
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 12:11:14 PM »
I submit my data to WeatherCloud via their api every 10 minutes. I just checked the last 2 days and there is a reading every 10 minutes.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 03:43:57 PM »
Sending to WeatherCloud from what hardware?

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 07:25:16 PM »
I submit my data to WeatherCloud via their api every 10 minutes. I just checked the last 2 days and there is a reading every 10 minutes.

Well yes, I know it works for some people. I am seeking a solution why it stopped doing so for me.

Sending to WeatherCloud from what hardware?

Logia LOWSC710SWB. I just deleted the station altogether and readded it and the same problem is recurring. Wunderground is still working fine though.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 07:26:58 PM by Wuthering_Heights »
Logia LOWSC710SWB

Offline benjamonio

• Weathercloud Klubbacken
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 02:41:52 AM »
I created an account on here just to report on this same issue.

Weathercloud has been very patchy the last few days/weeks - there will be breaks in the data for a few hours or so, and then it is fine for several hours. Wunderground is fine with no breaks in records at all.

Out of curiosity, I checked nearby stations to mine and some of them seem to have the same issue, but not all. I suspect this is something at Weathercloud's end but not certain without contacting them.

I'm following this thread in case there are more people with the same issue...

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2022, 05:58:11 AM »
I created an account on here just to report on this same issue.

Weathercloud has been very patchy the last few days/weeks - there will be breaks in the data for a few hours or so, and then it is fine for several hours. Wunderground is fine with no breaks in records at all.

Out of curiosity, I checked nearby stations to mine and some of them seem to have the same issue, but not all. I suspect this is something at Weathercloud's end but not certain without contacting them.

I'm following this thread in case there are more people with the same issue...

I noticed the same thing when I checked local stations.
Logia LOWSC710SWB

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 02:09:51 AM »
This is the uptime since I readded the station, pretty gory. No reply from weathercloud support, meanwhile wunderground still receives the data flawlessly.
Logia LOWSC710SWB

Offline benjamonio

• Weathercloud Klubbacken
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2022, 03:58:25 AM »
Finally some days ago WeatherCloud have posted on their facebook page about the issue. It seems to be a general problem on their side affecting data collection from certain weather station models...
https://www.facebook.com/weathercloudnetwork

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2022, 05:06:42 AM »
Finally some days ago WeatherCloud have posted on their facebook page about the issue. It seems to be a general problem on their side affecting data collection from certain weather station models...
https://www.facebook.com/weathercloudnetwork

Thanks for the info. They could have bothered to put a banner at the top of their site mentioning that.
Logia LOWSC710SWB