Author Topic: Meteohub support for PWS Weather?  (Read 2345 times)

Offline LambertRanchCO

Meteohub support for PWS Weather?
« on: May 02, 2015, 08:08:18 PM »
Hi -

I have a been running a Meteohub (Silverstone DC01) for about 2-1/5 years now and would like to send my data to PWS Weather.  I am running the latest SW version 5.0i but I do not see support?  Are you planning on adding support?

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: Meteohub support for PWS Weather?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 08:23:56 PM »
Hi,

try this:
In the Weather Networks tab, choose WeatherForYou from the Add a New Weather Network list. Enter your PWS account info and select an upload interval.

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 09:37:06 PM »
I was trying to figure this out a few weeks ago with MeteoBRIDGE, but didn't get the link between the two sites until you just posted it.  When I just set it up, I had to use my station ID and not my PWS logon ID for my credentials in MeteoBridge.

FYI, I'm sending every minute, and there is a 3-4 minute lag in the data being displayed on PWS.  Don't know if that is normal or just because it is a new station feed, but it did take a while for the first data (and subsequent updates) to show up in PWS.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 09:59:36 PM »
At least it is working  ;)

Offline LambertRanchCO

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 12:39:41 AM »
Unfortunately with the meteohub there is no option of adding a new weather network. 

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 05:28:53 AM »
Are you sure it is not there? In the documentation of both pws and meteohub it says weatherforyou is supported.

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 08:47:39 AM »
http://www.meteohub.de/files/meteohub-v4.7en.pdf

Page 59 implies that HAMweather should be used for WeatherForYou, which then sends to PWSWeather through magic on their end.

Page 58 has a web browser screen shot showing where the Weather Networks option settings are located.

I found that I had to provide my station ID and logon password (and not my PWS logon ID) to make it work on MeteoBRIDGE, and suspect that they same issues applies to MeteoHub.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline LambertRanchCO

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 09:44:55 AM »
Thanks for the link.  I have added my PWS weather "station ID/password" into the HAMweather slot and that did it!  Thanks for your assistance

Offline noctilucent

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2020, 07:27:07 AM »
Thanks for the link.  I have added my PWS weather "station ID/password" into the HAMweather slot and that did it!  Thanks for your assistance

Does this still work? I've set up a PWS Weather account and added the user name and password to the HAMweather slot as described, but PWS Weather is still showing "No Data" about ten hours later.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2020, 10:34:16 AM »

Does this still work? I've set up a PWS Weather account and added the user name and password to the HAMweather slot as described, but PWS Weather is still showing "No Data" about ten hours later.

You should be using Station ID and Password, not username and password.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline noctilucent

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2020, 10:44:40 AM »
Ah, of course, thanks!  Just changed the config, let's see if it works now...

The Meteohub software is a bit annoying with this in that there's no error reporting or log entry to help sort out problems.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 10:46:15 AM by noctilucent »

Offline noctilucent

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2020, 12:42:31 AM »
Just as a followup note, it's working perfectly.  HAMWeather was sold to AerisWeather in 2016 and AerisWeather runs PWSWeather, so as long as they keep the legacy interface running you can feed to PWSWeather via HAMWeather if you've got software that only supports the latter.

anything