Author Topic: Joining the WeatherLink Network with the Annual Subscription Plan  (Read 2528 times)

Offline shakasha

Re: Joining the WeatherLink Network with the Annual Subscription Plan
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2018, 08:30:44 PM »
https://www.davisinstruments.com/product/weatherlink-windows-usb/

I think I have the USB logger and do need to upload via the software.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2018, 08:42:43 PM »
If it's connected to a USB hub then it's USB for sure.

You would need a WLIP logger to upload without software.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2018, 05:00:53 AM »
One problem here and part of the reason for the confusion is that the OP is trying to use a pretty unusual configuration - (AIUI at least) using the pass-through feature of MB to feed data to local Weatherlink and thence to upload to wl.com. Don't think I've come across anyone else trying to do this.

It's debatable whether it's even possible to get this configuration running robustly. Not saying it isn't possible, but there are some extra unknowns in trying to do so. eg what does local WL need by way of data to perform full and robust uploads to wl.com? As a minimum it needs LOOP (maybe LOOP2, but probably not essential) and archive packet downloads. Does MB pass-through support both of these? What about HIGHLOWS? Does MB support this in pass-through mode?

But if it turns out that full/robust wl.com uploads aren't possible via pass-through then the only other option I can easily see for wl.com uploads is to buy a second console and then either use a USB logger in conjunction with existing PC or an IP logger (or maybe a WiFi Logger). Significant price-tag to doing this - only the OP can judge whether or not it's worthwhile for their application.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 05:02:40 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2018, 05:25:54 AM »
One problem here and part of the reason for the confusion is that the OP is trying to use a pretty unusual configuration - (AIUI at least) using the pass-through feature of MB to feed data to local Weatherlink and thence to upload to wl.com. Don't think I've come across anyone else trying to do this.

It's debatable whether it's even possible to get this configuration running robustly. Not saying it isn't possible, but there are some extra unknowns in trying to do so. eg what does local WL need by way of data to perform full and robust uploads to wl.com? As a minimum it needs LOOP (maybe LOOP2, but probably not essential) and archive packet downloads. Does MB pass-through support both of these? What about HIGHLOWS? Does MB support this in pass-through mode?

But if it turns out that full/robust wl.com uploads aren't possible via pass-through then the only other option I can easily see for wl.com uploads is to buy a second console and then either use a USB logger in conjunction with existing PC or an IP logger (or maybe a WiFi Logger). Significant price-tag to doing this - only the OP can judge whether or not it's worthwhile for their application.
The MB is fully transparent. It does not change any data. The other weather-program should do anything it wants with the data and by requesting that data, it  passes through  the Meteobridge so the Meteobridge knows everything it needs.

There is no problem using Cumulus, WD and others,  There is one problem when using WLfW. In that weather-program you specify that you get the the data from an IP-logger (as the Meteobridge simulates that with its IP-address and port 22222).

And WLfW does not allow uploads to wl.com when the attached device is a IP-logger.  There is another discussion how to circumvent that.
First attach the USB logger to WLfW and the uploads to wl.com start.  Reattach the logger to the Meteobridge and change in WLfW the connected weather-station from USB to IP-MB:22222

It work in that way here also, but I had no spare logger. I now have and will test it again later.

Wim
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 06:48:52 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline shakasha

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2018, 06:32:42 AM »
One problem here and part of the reason for the confusion is that the OP is trying to use a pretty unusual configuration
I do apologize for the confusion on my part forgetting I did buy a logger when I set this up. Since the initial install I never pulled the back off the console and all I ever worked with were the hub and the meteobridge. (I've never changed the batteries in the console either and will this weekend.)

I could see archive data in the Meteobridge dashboard so assumed it was doing the logging. However, after Hurricane Irma and not having power for a week or so I was surprised that all the data for the week was collected and saved. DUH, I should have realized there was a logger in the Vantage VUE console.

Meteobridge documentation has always talked about uploading to Weatherlink.com using the Weatherlink software on my PC and I did look at that when I set this up years ago. But I didn't want to pay the annual subscription and didn't think it was worth it. WeatherUnderground was the main thing I was interested in and it has worked well until about the last year or so. Now with WL 2.0 I do feel there is value in the Pro plan and started this process. Meteobridge is nice as it has features to upload to numerous other weather services besides WU, such as CWOP, PWS Weather, Weather Cloud, Open Weather Map, and several others listed.

Right now after setting the Archive Interval to five minutes everything looks fine in Weatherlink 2.0. Nothing is missing and the data is being saved in five minute intervals. I do look forward to the ability to upload all my archived data over the past years. Hopefully that will be possible someday. But I do have the records from the Weatherlink software and I can pull it into Excel and do whatever I want with it.

Thanks for the help!

Offline mjc775

• Reno NW Weather
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2018, 09:32:00 AM »
Thinking of starting a new topic, but will try here first.

Continuing on this same thread, my first attempt at adding the new device was abandoned after a couple hours as the only thing showing was the barometer. When I added the new device from my Weatherlink 6.0.3 software, I was downloading data from two stations and thought I may have confused WL 2.0.

I deleted the station that was not as important as it has been working nicely with 2.0 for a week or so and I have felt confident the data is safe. So I requested a new DID and Key for the station I want to add and started over.

I have not found a way to "remove" a device, so that is one issue I need help on. But I changed the name to "not used" for myself and set it to Private so it does not show on the map.

The new device worked perfectly for a couple hours and I thought I was good to go. The data was showing on my mobile apps and also on my desktop. BINGO! Right?

Until I switched the Bulletin to my other station. It came up perfectly, but when I switched back to the new station the data was not showing on the Bulletin except the Barometer. Huh??

The same thing happened when I checked on my mobile device apps.

Strange though that I saw two "Update" times. On the top title it showed as the last actual update, every 15 minutes. But at the top of the Bulletin it shows as the moment I added it.

See the screenshot:

http://007computer.com/images/wl20-issue.jpg

Even stranger is that the archive data shows properly. It is just the current display not working on the desktop version or the apps.

Any ideas??

Also, how do I remove the "device" that I want out?

Thank you!!
Sorry about the late response... Did you ever try viewing the website in something other than Internet Explorer? Could’ve been a browser cache issue, which could be a problem again in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a Heathkit anemometer and barometer in the 1980s.  After a hiatus, in 2014 I purchased a cabled Davis Vantage Pro2.
WeatherLink IP, MeteoBridge, Meteoplug Cloud.
WU: KNVRENO97, CWOP: N7FEQ, MESOWEST/MADIS ID: AU849
Reno NW Weather

Offline shakasha

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2018, 09:39:28 AM »
Did you ever try viewing the website in something other than Internet Explorer? Could’ve been a browser cache issue, which could be a problem again in the future.
I sure did, same condition on all browsers.

UPDATE: The Bulletin was working into Saturday morning until I closed my Weatherlink software and opened back up to reboot my PC. It still collected data every five minutes, but the Bulletin stopped working and showed the last update time as when I opened Weatherlink back up.

Later in the day I checked it on my WL 2.0 app on my iPhone and the Bulletin was still not working. I removed the location from my app and went back to it on the map and it stated working! It worked for a while, but after a couple hours stopped again and showed the last update time was exactly when I had rechecked it on my app when it had started working.

The Bulletin hasn't started working again yet, but is collecting data every five minutes. I'll call support today and see what they say. Something is screwy.