Author Topic: Update of Weatherlink 6.0.3 ?  (Read 2362 times)

Offline butor20077

Update of Weatherlink 6.0.3 ?
« on: September 30, 2018, 12:03:55 PM »
Hi there,

I have a Vantage VUE and purchased a Davis 6510 WeatherLink Software and Data Logger 6 years ago.
I'm running Weatherlink 6.0.3 in windows.
Things were working flawless (still are) but I just updated the firmware of my weatherstation (to 4.18) and I was wondering about the software

1) Is there an updated version of this software ? Still looks old

2) I'm uploadtin to wunderground....still using module 1.15. Should this be updated too ?

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Update of Weatherlink 6.0.3 ?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 12:16:05 PM »
1) There is a v6.0.4 of Weatherlink but you'll struggle to spot any differences and no real need to update at all. Davis have ceased development of Weatherlink (other than any bug and compatibility fixes) preferring to focus new developments on their online platform weatherlink.com.

2) Sorry, don't know, but that's really a question for WU and not Davis. I suspect that there's no newer version.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline butor20077

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 12:19:50 PM »
thanks for the quick reply.

I assume the weatherlink.com is not free ? I seem to recall I chose WU because of that.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 12:31:26 PM »
I assume the weatherlink.com is not free ? I seem to recall I chose WU because of that.

Depends what you want to do. Basic use of wl.com (ie viewing current data, mobile app access, alerts, downloads to your local PC) is free. More advanced features cost $50pa.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 12:32:44 PM »
The new weatherlink.com v2 is available at no cost for Basic and additional cost for Pro versions as shown here http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=35159.msg359681#msg359681

Enjoy,
Paul

anything