Author Topic: cannot change SSID  (Read 1013 times)

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
cannot change SSID
« on: September 27, 2019, 11:34:54 AM »
I have wifilogger connected to a certain AP fine. Now I tried to connect the wifilogger to another AP with a different SSID. I can make the changes in the setup menu, press "save" but after restart "network info" tells me that it is still connected to the old SSID. Is that a bug? Is there a work-around like resetting the device to factory defaults and to start from there?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 12:12:12 PM by docbee »
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
Re: cannot change SSID
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 11:42:18 AM »
You should post your question where WiFilogger will see it, not creating a new thread.

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=34312.msg389748#msg389748

Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 11:57:25 AM »
You should post your question where WiFilogger will see it, not creating a new thread.

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=34312.msg389748#msg389748

I disagree.  WiFilogger now has its own subforum. Keeping that old thread going is craziness. I've already spoken to Wojtek and he will be closing that long thread very soon. He is just waiting to announce some changes before he locks it.

Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 11:59:26 AM »
Nice to see the docbee'meister checking out the competition.  [tup]
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 12:02:43 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 12:41:20 PM »
I have wifilogger connected to a certain AP fine. Now I tried to connect the wifilogger to another AP with a different SSID. I can make the changes in the setup menu, press "save" but after restart "network info" tells me that it is still connected to the old SSID. Is that a bug? Is there a work-around like resetting the device to factory defaults and to start from there?

It is not a bug. It was programmed.
Connection after reboot is restored. Function which is connecting logger to WiFi is restoring old connection.
If you like to connect to new SSID, please disable old router and reboot WiFiLogger with white button. When there is no old SSID then it will be switched to new SSID.

I have to check it, but probably it is already changed in new firmware 2.25. It should drop old SSID when you click on SAVE, but still restoring connection after reboot.

There are some limitations also. Library will not accept some passwords like less than 8 characters. In this case, probably also old SSID would be used.

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 12:49:31 PM »
Shutting down my whole WiFi network with 4 APs to make WiFiLogger aware that I really meant what I told it (to change the SSID) is not really an option. Can't it be simply resetted to factory defaults?

I did a firmware update from the EU server, but this does not help. FW version is 2.24.
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 01:23:20 PM »
Shutting down my whole WiFi network with 4 APs to make WiFiLogger aware that I really meant what I told it (to change the SSID) is not really an option. Can't it be simply resetted to factory defaults?

I did a firmware update from the EU server, but this does not help. FW version is 2.24.

I have sent you firmware 2.25 on priv. Please let us know if that will repair your problem.
If not, I will repair it and test it tomorrow.

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 01:42:40 PM »

OK I was able to test it.
No in 2.25 at the moment it will not work as you wish.
In your case. You have to use red button to enter setup mode. Connect to open wifi network "WiFiLoggerSetup" and use IP 192.168.4.1.
In setup mode this function is working fine, to drop old connection and make new one.
I will repair it and in version 2.25 which will be release soon it will work as it should.

Thanks for helping with this issue.

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2019, 02:59:11 PM »
I tried with red button reset and login via 4.1, but no change. Would be great if you can fix it that way that it first tries what has been entered and only defaults to old setting on connection fail. Thanks!

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2019, 04:27:21 PM »
With 2.25 I was able to change the SSID with the mentioned procedure using the internal AP of the WiFiLogger. Thanks for providing this work around.

anything