Author Topic: Password reset  (Read 1023 times)

Offline wd68

Password reset
« on: July 29, 2020, 07:57:44 PM »
 know there has to be a way to reset my password. For whatever reason Mine won't work. It sees my user name but won't accept my password. My user name is my email address and station id is FW 7128. I think i have been offline so long that they dropped my id. Dono. It would be nice if i could start hooking up with them again. 

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Password reset
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 08:11:54 PM »
There is no password for CWOP.  Unless you are a ham there is no password and with that ID it seems you aren't. Also that ID is not registered.  Are you sure you got the number right?

This shows that FW7128 is not only unregistered but it never received data. But then I think this just means no recent data.
http://wxqa.com/lastpkt_unreg.txt
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 08:19:27 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 08:20:51 PM »
Okay found you in the inactive list:
http://wxqa.com/inactive_members.txt

Just send data...but complete the registration. First start sending data again. Confirm all is well especially location and elevation and then send off the registration confirmation email to finalize registration.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 08:22:30 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline wd68

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 08:25:52 PM »
My station went off for awhile. Looking to get it replaced soon. In the mean time i got the old station to work again. I have current info on FindU so i must be reporting on Cwop right?I am also reporting to Ambient, weather underground, PWS and Weathercloud. Seems it is also reporting to Cwop to or i wouldn't be reporting to FindU, Right?

Offline wd68

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 08:26:57 PM »
My station went off for awhile. Looking to get it replaced soon. In the mean time i got the old station to work again. I have current info on FindU so i must be reporting on Cwop right?I am also reporting to Ambient, weather underground, PWS and Weathercloud. Seems it is also reporting to Cwop to or i wouldn't be reporting to FindU, Right?

Use my FW 7128 id right?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 08:33:48 PM »
Well there is no space...it is just FW7128

What software are you using to upload to CWOP?

Tele-Pole

Offline wd68

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 10:25:32 PM »
Ambient Weather

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 10:55:08 PM »
Okay well I think I've figured out your situation....

Ambient Weather hardware does not have a direct way to upload to CWOP. Most people use their own 3rd party software to upload to CWOP. What this means is that they connect their station to some device running some weather software that then can do more with their data, including the ability to then directly send data to CWOP.

There is a relatively new online service....AmbientCWOP.com that has no affiliation with Ambient that will pull your data from Ambientweather.net and then upload it to CWOP. This free service is not run by Ambient nor owned by them. This is just a website service that some nice guy named Dan decided to create. Uploading to CWOP via AmbientCWOP.com is not direct. Your station uploads to Ambientweather.net and then AmbientCWOP.com pulls that data and then uploads it for you to CWOP. That is two extra middle things moving your data rather than your station uploading it directly. This affects to some degree the timeliness of your data and it also means that if any of those services goes down that you won't be uploading to CWOP while there is a service outage in either service. It isn't a bad thing if you haven't invested in hardware/software for you to upload directly to CWOP. There is also a problem with the data from Ambientweather.net in that there is a rain parameter (24 hour rain I think) that is missing (I forget the details) so instead AmbientCWOP.com only provides rain since midnight or something. That is a limitation with the Ambientweather.net API and there is nothing AmbientCWOP can do to make it exactly as it should be. Just another minor caveat.

In order to use AmbientCWOP.com then you need a password to that service. This is not a CWOP password and you can see now where the confusion comes from. To reset the password you can just enter in the wrong password and it will give you a link to the password reset form. Or you can click here:
https://ambientcwop.com/resetpassword.php?

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 11:06:19 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole