Author Topic: Weatherlink.com 2.0 announced  (Read 40969 times)

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Weatherlink.com 2.0 announced
« Reply #250 on: September 06, 2018, 10:34:01 AM »
@johnd,
Is the StationStatus.json available for free V2?

From the APIdocumentation.pdf
Below is an example of the API call for station status info and meta data and a link to the XML format. The
station status should not be polled but can be grabbed when needed for human initiated setup or diagnostic efforts.
https://api.weatherlink.com/v1/StationStatus.xml?user=DID&pass=ownerPW&apiToken=tokenID

and if so what would I put in?
I have my account User and Password, Device IG, Key, and API token.

Paul

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #251 on: September 06, 2018, 11:07:08 AM »
Is the StationStatus.json available for free V2?

Yes, to the best of my knowledge.

From the APIdocumentation.pdf

https://api.weatherlink.com/v1/StationStatus.xml?user=DID&pass=ownerPW&apiToken=tokenID

I have my account User and Password, Device IG, Key, and API token.

You have all you need - just substitute DID, ownerPW and token in the URL. As I suggested above, it's probably easier to do this in a text editor like Notepad initially so that you can cut and paste the elements of the URL as you're building it. As ever, with these long URLs you do need to get the syntax exactly correct - correct cases, no spaces anywhere etc etc. But if it is 100% correct then it should work OK when copied to a browser address bar. You picked the XML version as an example whereas I was talking about the JSON alternative but use whichever you're more comfortable with.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 11:11:27 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #252 on: September 06, 2018, 11:49:50 AM »
Thanks johnd,Yes I am using notepad++ to create the url.
I've not been able to get it to work and get a http 404 not found message.
If I use v1 then it gives an invalid request so changing it to v2For user=DID I am Using my deviceIG 12 characters cut and paste
For ownerPW I am using my account sign in password and I have verified this
For apiToken I am using my API token 32 characters that is populated in the weatherlink.com profile page cut and paste
The same error if I use .json instead of .xml

At my signup for weatherlink.com v2 I also received a 6 character key and presume that is not needed for this xml or json call.
Unless this is not currently working at weatherlink.com I presume my free account does not offer this feature.
Paul

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #253 on: September 06, 2018, 12:02:11 PM »
Thanks johnd,Yes I am using notepad++ to create the url.
I've not been able to get it to work and get a http 404 not found message.
If I use v1 then it gives an invalid request so changing it to v2For user=DID I am Using my deviceIG 12 characters cut and paste
For ownerPW I am using my account sign in password and I have verified this
For apiToken I am using my API token 32 characters that is populated in the weatherlink.com profile page cut and paste
The same error if I use .json instead of .xml

At my signup for weatherlink.com v2 I also received a 6 character key and presume that is not needed for this xml or json call.
Unless this is not currently working at weatherlink.com I presume my free account does not offer this feature.
Paul
I am still on version 1 and requested and got an API token a long time ago.
Using https://api.weatherlink.com/v1/StationStatus.xml?user=DID&pass=ownerPW&apiToken=tokenID with my credentials the status xml works OK for me.
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<station_status version="1.0">
<server_time>2018-09-06 15:55:18</server_time>
<server_time_unix>1536249318</server_time_unix>
<user_name>********</user_name>
<user_email>********@gmail.com</user_email>
<user_city>Leuven</user_city>
<user_state>Vlaams Brabant</user_state>
<user_country>Belgium</user_country>
<user_registered>2011-06-21 13:21:10</user_registered>
<user_registered_unix>1308662470</user_registered_unix>
<station_did>001D0A********</station_did>
<station_key>2000**</station_key>
<station_name>Sluispark Leuven</station_name>
<station_latitude>50.8952</station_latitude>
<station_longitude>4.6974</station_longitude>
<station_elevation>131</station_elevation>
<station_rain_collector>0.2 mm</station_rain_collector>
<station_type>Vantage Vue</station_type>
<station_private>no</station_private>
<station_archive_interval>10</station_archive_interval>
<station_time_display>24 hours</station_time_display>
<station_timezone>Europe/Paris</station_timezone>
<station_time_offset>+0200 CEST</station_time_offset>
<station_daylight_observed>yes</station_daylight_observed>
<station_firmware>1.0.9</station_firmware>
<station_hardware>1.1.1</station_hardware>
<station_public_ip>80.201.60.70</station_public_ip>
<station_last_active>n/a</station_last_active>
<station_last_active_unix>n/a</station_last_active_unix>
<station_last_loop>2018-09-06 15:55:14</station_last_loop>
<station_last_loop_unix>1536249314</station_last_loop_unix>
<station_last_reboot>2018-06-21 10:07:45</station_last_reboot>
<station_last_reboot_unix>1529575665</station_last_reboot_unix>
<station_last_archive>2018-09-06 17:20:00</station_last_archive>
<station_last_archive_unix>1536254400</station_last_archive_unix>
<station_update_archive>2018-09-06 15:27:39</station_update_archive>
<station_update_archive_unix>1536247659</station_update_archive_unix>
<station_last_download>n/a</station_last_download>
<station_last_download_unix>n/a</station_last_download_unix>
<station_connection_type>WeatherLink IP</station_connection_type>
<station_com_model_number>6555</station_com_model_number>
<station_commands_pending>0</station_commands_pending>
<time_to_generate>0.004506 seconds</time_to_generate>
</station_status>
I replaced some info with *****

Wim

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #254 on: September 06, 2018, 01:39:21 PM »
Thanks johnd that was helpful \:D/

I thought I had tried it several ways including v1 and v2 but from your example and substituting my credentials
I now have it working in both .json and .xml  but only in using "v1" in the url.  I had thought this related to the version and I only have a free V.2.

https://api.weatherlink.com/v1/StationStatus.json?user=myDeviceIG&pass=myLoginPW&apiToken=myAPItoken
https://api.weatherlink.com/v1/StationStatus.xml?user=myDeviceIG&pass=myLoginPW&apiToken=myAPItoken

To the earlier question
WeatherLink 1 provided some valuable info/details to the owner especially regard WLIP/Router info (IP's etc).
I see my station_public_ip listed but nothing else related to router.
An interesting note is that the Station Type shows "EnviroMonitor".  I signed up and registered for V.2 with my WeatherlinkUSB/Envoy which I was then using but now am using the WiFiLogger...

Enjoy,
Paul

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #255 on: September 06, 2018, 01:46:44 PM »
It's confusing I know, but I don't think v1 in the URL relates to 1.0 vs 2.0. It may be v1 of the 2.0 URL or...who knows  :???:

And yes I agree there's nothing super-useful in this bunch of metadata, but there is eg the public IP address which Mattk was asking about. The EM is maybe a hangover from the initial release of the API which was to handle EM data (maybe that's where the v1 comes from?). It's a sign that the interface and API are still a work in progress and not fully honed yet. I've not come across any significant issues in handling and presenting the core weather data, but around the edges there's still work to be done.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 01:52:01 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #256 on: September 06, 2018, 04:39:44 PM »
So in generating this API Token what possible cause would Davis require a Phone Number for?? They have a Name an Email address, what's the point of enforcing a Phone Number?

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #257 on: September 06, 2018, 05:53:06 PM »
So in generating this API Token what possible cause would Davis require a Phone Number for?? They have a Name an Email address, what's the point of enforcing a Phone Number?

BIG brother wants to know...

All things considered I can't for the life of me come up with any valid reason why a phone number would be a mandatory requirement re an API considering it is being requested from within an already existing and registered account?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 05:55:08 PM by Mattk »

Offline casacota

• Observatori de Sant Martí de Canals
« Reply #258 on: September 07, 2018, 05:49:17 PM »
If you put a number such a 0 in that field, the Token is being generated and works...

Offline tibadoe

• WeatherLink Network
« Reply #259 on: September 10, 2018, 07:15:55 PM »
Switched from WL1 to WL2 yesterday.  No real issues -- was up and running in no time.  Definitely a bit different than version 1 but I like it the more I mess with it.
----
Joe

Davis 6162 Wireless Vantage Pro2 Plus w/WeatherLink IP
Win OS: Windows 10
https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/2ead9b00-4e3c-4288-954b-65317407e94a
CoCoRaHS: VA-CM-3
WeatherFlow Tempest
https://tempestwx.com/station/52343/

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #260 on: September 11, 2018, 10:26:56 AM »
As johnd has often pointed out the Davis products likely have more farm and institutional users than the hobbyist user.  I did a quick review of the weatherlink.com map and within a 50 mi radius of my station there are 23 shown on the map.
3 - Institutional (PUC, golf course, University)
14 - Agricultural (5 farms, 9 seed companies)
6 - Personal

Now likely the agricultural are for their business knowledge and decision making so looking for least hands-on and weatherlink.com is an ideal solution.  Many personal stations are by hobbyists so they may have their own site and not use WL.

In the City of London, ON (I am just outside on the fringes) there are 20 stations on Wundermap and only 3 on the weatherlink.com (some of these 20 are Davis stations that are not on WL.com)

On a further side note, in that same 50 mi radius there are 20 CoCoRaHS reports this morning and none of these are in the City of London and nearly all are farm or conservation authority related.

I feel like a lost sheep :(

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #261 on: September 11, 2018, 12:05:59 PM »
I went with the Pro subscription because my website polls off of the Weatherlink api and I have other toys.   It would be nice to be able to label the extra sensors   What I have found  that for example if  Station 4 is my surface temperature sensor, it might be on WL 2.0  sensor 2.   It would be helpful if that would work.   Under the data section, it has windrun  and I wish it had hours of bright sunshine.

MEH...

Offline catdon

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #262 on: September 17, 2018, 05:39:33 PM »
Migrated over to 2.0 today...would be nice if the text were a little darker, bolder, larger for these 58 year old eyes.
Don
Staten Island, NY

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #263 on: September 18, 2018, 03:54:54 AM »
Migrated over to 2.0 today...would be nice if the text were a little darker, bolder, larger for these 58 year old eyes.

Which text are you referring to - there's obviously text in different fonts, sizes & colours all over many pages of the 2.0 site? Is it maybe text on the data tab?
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline catdon

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #264 on: September 26, 2018, 01:17:04 PM »
Question...On the bulletin view, where does the forecast in the tile come from? It's only a symbol with temp and precip probs, but still it always seems wrong.
Don
Staten Island, NY

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #265 on: September 26, 2018, 02:23:12 PM »
I don't know from where but since the Davis console does not provide a temp forecast it must come from another local source.  Likely the nearby airport, but what shows on my weatherlink.com does not match the airport forecast either.  In checking other nearby weatherlink.com stations' bulletin the forecast does not show on any of them.  I know it needs to be ticked as included but presume it doesn't show other than your own.

Enjoy,
Paul

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #266 on: October 17, 2018, 01:07:47 PM »
Just a heads-up that the manual migration tool in 2.0 has now been disabled. Not quite sure why, but seems to be connected with a final push of automatic migration for remaining 1.0 users, which should happen in the coming few weeks. Right now the count of station on the 1.0 map is down to 12,000 so it looks like 50-60% of users have already migrated or been migrated.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline jgentry

• Forecaster
« Reply #267 on: October 30, 2018, 08:53:07 PM »
I’m curious to why Mobilize isn’t retrieving chilling information  etc. on a consistent basis? At times it shows two blank lines.  I’ve also noticed that it isn’t using any other temp/hum stations except for the main ISS; though the other temp/hum stations have been selected.

Not sure why Davis chose to use World Weather Online for forecast information. Would’ve been wise to use NWS and other government meteorological organizations for forecasts.
Davis Vantage Pro2 & WeatherFlow Tempest. WU: KXALJEMI2, KALJEMIS7, KFLPANAM363 & KALTHORS2. CWOP/APRS: C6353 & E6358

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #268 on: December 12, 2018, 10:23:47 AM »
I've noticed a small change/addition to WL.com
In Account information the addition of Computer Software that I don't recall seeing before.  Nothing earth shatering, but appears that as johnd has alluded to in the past, subtle changes...

Now if I could only get by GLOBE updates to work ](*,)

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline meteochiclana

• Meteochiclana
« Reply #269 on: December 12, 2018, 11:17:48 AM »
I think there is a new update of weatherlink.La 6.0.5 ... Somebody to corroborate it?

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #270 on: December 12, 2018, 11:34:50 AM »
I think there is a new update of weatherlink.La 6.0.5 ... Somebody to corroborate it?

How did you get to this page? I don't see it on the Bulletin page. It appears that your screenshot is from the bulletin (boletín) page.

I just checked the Davis support page and I see 6.0.4 (which I missed) and the new WLIP version. No 6.0.5 there at Davis support...

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline meteochiclana

• Meteochiclana
« Reply #271 on: December 12, 2018, 11:37:52 AM »

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #272 on: December 12, 2018, 11:51:16 AM »
If you log on to wl.com and go to your personal details then you'll see it in the RH sidebar - bottom item.

One of the changes associated with the new 2019 catalogue (which I don't think has really been released publicly yet, except maybe in Greece  8-), though there is other interesting news) is making WLfW a free download - excellent news, unless you hate WLfW. I haven't seen what's changed in v6.0.5 though - will take a quick look.

Edit: Hmm, nothing obvious. The Visual C++ library seems to update so it may just be a maintenance tweak with no feature changes. It's not on the main Davis support site yet so there's no change log that I can spot yet.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 12:05:59 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #273 on: December 12, 2018, 12:00:21 PM »
I had downloaded 6.0.5 from my weatherlink.com page but not brave enough yet to try it...

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #274 on: December 12, 2018, 12:07:05 PM »
https://www.weatherlink.com/account

Thanks, I saw it over on the right stub. It seems to be working, although I did get a "stop" during download from "too many errors" on the WLIP connected console. I haven't seen that in quite a while. It may not have had anything to do with 6.0.5. I also updated the WLIP to v1.1.3 just prior.

The other console using USB went fine with the new weatherlink.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF