Author Topic: WXtoIMG  (Read 15155 times)

Offline myles

Re: WXtoIMG
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2017, 03:52:22 AM »
Interesting e mail I got today....

"As APT is now coming to an end - no new satellites will be launched. You
might like to look at the newer LRPT satellites in the Meteor series"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-rate_picture_transmission
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:05:04 AM by myles »

Offline halifax

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2017, 07:22:32 AM »
We know, but it would be nice to run it out with the NOAA POES until they flicker and die.
Davis VP2+, NOAA POES Rx Station, SkyCam, Sandy Brook BrookCam. WU KCTCOLEB1. CWOP N1QVE. CoCoRaHS CT-LT-15. PurpleAir AQM Colebrook, CT.

Offline 2E0BTX

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2017, 06:47:15 PM »
I agree its a real shame

Offline J3rsdm5

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2018, 10:24:27 PM »
My apologies for resurrecting an old thread, brand new here. :) This issue has started bugging me; I would GLADLY pay for a key, yet as previously mentioned, the site is down... I am able to get it occasionally working with the released keys if I change the date back to 2015, but it's extremely finicky, and changing the date interferes with other basic operations of the program, like map overlays. :/  RunAsDate doesn't seem to work either.

Has anyone been able to find a solution to this since the last post? Since the owner seems to have released WXtoIMG as freeware, perhaps could someone who purchased the software long ago be willing to search their email for a key?   :grin:

Thank you so much!

(Awesome to know that there are weather enthusiasts out there!  :grin: I'm here from the railroad enthusiast forums; some people say we're the weirdest of the bunch! :P )

Offline myles

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2018, 04:01:59 PM »
I have left the hobby because the software let the process down, the Wraase satellite receiver got biffed and the antenna sold. Your BEST bet is to ask the manufacturer of your receiver for THEIR key, this worked for me but my hardware / software / key are all gone. The key I wouldn't have passed on.
I did inquire about a newer receiver / software for later satellites but the whole arena was of uncertainty. The NOAA LEO satellites are drastically decreasing in number to be replaced with a superior type. Over & out from me , Cheers.

Offline dndamen

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2019, 04:36:45 PM »
Dear Colleague: My name is Daniel LU9FDD, I’m from One-Eyed Deer, Argentina. Some time ago I started downloading NOAA satellite maps, with the soft SDR Console and Wxtomg. The problem started a few days ago when the Wxtoimg started giving me an error when I started receiving the audio. Is the license expired or something? The soft tells me to go in and change the settings on the soundboard, but that’s all right, with the virtual cable and everything. The error is something like this: get 'Error: waveInOpen failed! ' When Wxtoimg tries to record? Open Record Options in the Options menu, and change the soundcard . Any help that can give me a thousand apologies and thanks. Sincerely Daniel from Argentina 

anything