Author Topic: WeatherLinkIP feed to WU crashes daily  (Read 423 times)

Offline Dreamflight767

WeatherLinkIP feed to WU crashes daily
« on: November 19, 2020, 06:24:53 PM »
Hello:

For the past 2 months my feed to WU keeps crashing EVERY morning between 3:15AM-9:00AM.

I've updated my WeatherLinkIP firmware, reset my modem/router numerous times, restarted (unplugged and removed batteries) the display, I live in a large US city with xfinity ISP.  No other devices in my home crash or loose internet connection.

I'm at odds about what could be causing this issue.

Thanks. 

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Re: WeatherLinkIP feed to WU crashes daily
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 09:51:56 AM »
As far as I know, WeatherlinkIP does not directly upload to Wunderground. If you tick the box on the Weatherlink IP Configuration page, it will upload to weatherlink.com. Weatherlink.com in turn handles the upload to WU, if you have the uploads configured there.

Did you mean weatherlink.com instead of Wunderground? If so, does the battery-out/power disconnect recover it again until the next 3:15AM interval?

Are you running DHCP or fixed IP on the WLIP? I would recommend checking the lease time in your router to see if it has a short one-day lease time.

I have a station that uses WLIP->weatherlink->WU and it uploads just fine.

Help us understand the problem a bit better and I am sure that others will offer suggestions as well.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline Dreamflight767

Re: WeatherLinkIP feed to WU crashes daily
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 07:18:00 PM »
I believe I've discovered that my unit is indeed actually failing.  We can close/lock this topic.  Thank you for your time Greg.

anything