Author Topic: AcuRite Atlas Display + WeeWx (6061M)  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Theo

AcuRite Atlas Display + WeeWx (6061M)
« on: July 20, 2019, 02:59:15 PM »
Before I go to far down this road, does anyone know if the AcuRite USB mode on weewx works with the new 6061M console that comes with the Atlas?  It will be a pain to hook it all up as I am running in interceptor mode, but I would like to use USB mode if available.

Thanks

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: AcuRite Atlas Display + WeeWx (6061M)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 03:08:15 PM »
Before I go to far down this road, does anyone know if the AcuRite USB mode on weewx works with the new 6061M console that comes with the Atlas?  It will be a pain to hook it all up as I am running in interceptor mode, but I would like to use USB mode if available.

Thanks

No.  The USB port on the Atlas display is for "factory use only".

Offline Theo

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 04:08:44 PM »

That's what I was afraid of.  I have a new Pi on the way and hope to decode the SDR of the Atlas, but I don't see it at all on my existing SDR, I just can't move it around, since it is doing weewx right now.  Thanks for the information.

I sure wish I understood what AcuRites deal was on locking down the data, TLS posts to the Internet and different protocol for ISS communications is stupid imho.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 04:29:28 PM »

That's what I was afraid of.  I have a new Pi on the way and hope to decode the SDR of the Atlas, but I don't see it at all on my existing SDR, I just can't move it around, since it is doing weewx right now.  Thanks for the information.

I sure wish I understood what AcuRites deal was on locking down the data, TLS posts to the Internet and different protocol for ISS communications is stupid imho.

You don't see the signal on your SDR, or you can't decode it? 

I'm sure someone in the RTL_433 group would work on decoding it if someone would provide dumps or a live feed.  I keep thinking about doing a live feed.

It's not locked down like some people keep suggesting.  The encrypted feed to Acurite is easy to unencrypt just by using a fake cert.  Acuparse has this process down pat to where you don't even have to think about it.  The wunderground feed is still in cleartext with 10 second updates.

Offline Theo

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 09:33:46 PM »
You don't see the signal on your SDR, or you can't decode it? 

I'm sure someone in the RTL_433 group would work on decoding it if someone would provide dumps or a live feed.  I keep thinking about doing a live feed.

It's not locked down like some people keep suggesting.  The encrypted feed to Acurite is easy to unencrypt just by using a fake cert.  Acuparse has this process down pat to where you don't even have to think about it.  The wunderground feed is still in cleartext with 10 second updates.

I am using Interceptor already, AcuParse seems interesting, but I see no clear path to WeeWx from AcuParse in realtime or near realtime, without that, I think SDR is the best option.  I have not seen the data from the Atlas on 433mhz, but I haven't tried doing a capture.  I have like 10 433mhz devices, so it will be hard to get a capture until I take the Atlas somewhere else.

anything