Author Topic: Anyone willing to share there grlevel2 key.  (Read 17952 times)

Offline markus0161

Anyone willing to share there grlevel2 key.
« on: July 09, 2014, 10:32:41 AM »
because you cant buy it anymore could someone please share it with me. ik its a long shot. if so email me at markus.forddd@gmail.com

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
Re: Anyone willing to share there grlevel2 key.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 04:21:02 PM »
You can purchase GR2Analyst (?)

http://grlevelx.com/gr2analyst_2/
Joe Fitzwater
Chief Meteorologist for WVNS-TV 59 in Beckley, WV

Work Page on Facebook -> www.facebook.com/meteojoe
Work Page on Twitter -> https://twitter.com/meteojoe
Waterfalls -> www.wvfalls.com

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 05:15:59 PM »
I "think" giving you my key  would stir up some legal problem as I recall that in the purchasing agreement, it is for one computer.  Heck  you can buy it , I believe for 80 bucks.

Does Interwarn still sell their Stormalert?

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 05:28:21 PM »
When I was 16, I mowed about 15 yards (About 4 hours a gig) to raise $80 to buy the software. Might not sound important, but it felt good knowing that I worked to get it myself. So, with that, I'm gonna have to kindly say no to giving you my key. I do have the regular GRL2 (Which is no longer available, but GR2 Analyst is, which I recommend). In addition, as Aardy said,  Storm Alert is still available for a low amount of money, as well as GRL3, which is also a fine product.  8-)
Joe Fitzwater
Chief Meteorologist for WVNS-TV 59 in Beckley, WV

Work Page on Facebook -> www.facebook.com/meteojoe
Work Page on Twitter -> https://twitter.com/meteojoe
Waterfalls -> www.wvfalls.com

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 07:09:11 PM »
I'm a bit surprised we even respond to someone asking for a key... myself included for this post...  :evil:

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 07:20:56 PM »
This gentleman buy a similar version that works well from www.interwarn.com  it runs about 130 and will do everything GR3 or GR2 will do.

There is even another program that will do the same deal plus a few more things:  http://www.swiftweather.com/

I have GRlevel3  and it is so good (how good is it?)  When the local boys are squawking about a storm, I can draw it up and see and say to the wife .. it is going to miss us, but those folks in Norwalk, better lock up the turtles.

No, never, I just do not believe in giving anyone my key and violating my agreement with who I bought it from.  that is known as  SOFTWARE PIRACY.. DO I HEAR AN AMEN.   Now go sit in the corner and write 100 times, I won't every do this again,  have a glass of beer or wine and say AMEN.

Offline aznetcowboy

• El Gheko Neighborhood Weather Station
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 02:06:17 PM »
I am a dual-certified I.T. Asset Manager whose main function is dealing with software licensing. I can state it without fear of contradiction that you need to buy the license!
For anyone to share a license or key or whatever you want to call it it very illegal and can result in a very large fine if the author chooses to pursue the issue.

Both you and whoever shares the license or key could have the FBI knocking on your door. This is not a joke! This is serious business and federal law has strong language protecting intellectual copyrights.

I chose not to buy a license and removed it from my system as I was having a problem finding any sort of technical support. I tried to get onto their “forum”, but no one ever responded to my request. So after my 3-week trial, I removed it from my personal system and my website.
Tom Wills
Kingston Knolls Terrace, Tucson, AZ

Weather Station: http://www.elgheko.us
El Gheko Neighborhood Association: http://na.elgheko.us

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 02:24:15 PM »
HUH?
No one here is agreeing to share any license key with anyone.   

I gave him other alternatives which he could buy after trying and the last item is , this post is a month old,  I haven't heard anything about it from the original person or anyone else, until today.

When I got the notification that you posted, I was enjoying a hot cup of delicious Green Mountain Defense Coffee.   I love coffee. My mother loved coffee too.  It must be genetic.

Now time to move on to new adventures,  we had a lot of rain yesterday 2.61 inches  but no storms, tornadoes or the like, just plain good old fashioned,God sent Rain.

Offline Joseph40

• Joey4Jesus
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 11:07:28 AM »
I agree with the person who stated "It would start Legal Matter's"

Why just buy the software if you are so curious, It would save you
from being taken to Court.

I'm a proud owner of GRLevel 2 Analyst, I bought it with all my hard work.
Joseph Gelli

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 11:53:56 AM »
"can I borrow your key ?" .... wow this could be on the Darwin list or something...along with....

"can I borrow your car to go to the Convenience Store ?"   (uh why do you have a ski mask in the middle of summer ?)
"can I use your computer ? mine is down"  (why are you using my email account to send that harassing email ?)
"can I store some old rugs in your garage ?" (uh what is that dark stain on the big one with the lump in it ?)

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 12:41:33 PM »
"can I borrow your key ?" .... wow this could be on the Darwin list or something...along with....

"can I borrow your car to go to the Convenience Store ?"   (uh why do you have a ski mask in the middle of summer ?)
"can I use your computer ? mine is down"  (why are you using my email account to send that harassing email ?)
"can I store some old rugs in your garage ?" (uh what is that dark stain on the big one with the lump in it ?)

:lol:

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 12:46:34 PM »
Yes, I also agree that regardless of the legal issue, this is a candidate for dumbest question asked on the forum...

Btw., just reminded me... as some of you probably know, I am currently developing an alternative template that could be used by anyone with a weather station. In order for me to be able to enable ppl to use it easily, it is obviously desirable that it is compatible with some of the most used software such as Cumulus or WD. Cumulus is ok, but WD is slightly problematic as it is not a freeware. I myself use my own scripts and unfortunately I cannot afford to spend 70 dollars just to get an idea of what the log files look like. (this is not to say it is not worth 70 dollars... I think it is a great piece of software and well worth it if you use it to its full potential). I therefore asked on the WD forum if someone was willing to send me examples of the log files, just so that I know their structure and can adjust the scripts.

Well guess what, many ppl were really nice an immediately offered help and within 20 minutes I had all I needed. But the reason I am writing this is because I even got a reply from the author of WD, who said he would give me a free licence since I am a developer and I offer my stuff for free (I think that Brian is not just nice, but it in fact sort of makes sense, making it compatible with WD is in his own interest as more ppl are then likely to use WD). Still, I replied to him that I really appreciate his offer, but I just wouldnt feel good about having it for free and that if in the future I can afford it, I will be more than happy to buy a licence properly. And for now I got what I needed.

The conclusion is, that even if I was actually offered a key, lets say I needed one for developing, I wouldnt want it. Would you seriously feel good about using someone else's key that they bought for themselves? Dont you think it would be a bit arrogant to just use something they have paid for with their own money?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 12:49:29 PM by Jachym »

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 02:29:01 PM »
Post dates folks ....  post dates.

Check'em before bumping.

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 04:31:28 PM »
Post dates folks ....  post dates.

Check'em before bumping.

Exactly...  http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=23206.msg223345#msg223345
I'm a bit surprised we even respond to someone asking for a key... myself included for this post...  :evil:

Offline Joseph40

• Joey4Jesus
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 07:22:39 PM »
I am a dual-certified I.T. Asset Manager whose main function is dealing with software licensing. I can state it without fear of contradiction that you need to buy the license!
For anyone to share a license or key or whatever you want to call it it very illegal and can result in a very large fine if the author chooses to pursue the issue.

Amen

Both you and whoever shares the license or key could have the FBI knocking on your door. This is not a joke! This is serious business and federal law has strong language protecting intellectual copyrights.

I chose not to buy a license and removed it from my system as I was having a problem finding any sort of technical support. I tried to get onto their “forum”, but no one ever responded to my request. So after my 3-week trial, I removed it from my personal system and my website.

Will you message me maybe I might know what went wrong when you
tried it out?
Joseph Gelli

anything