Author Topic: Food for thought...MIT no less.  (Read 4118 times)

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
Food for thought...MIT no less.
« on: April 24, 2021, 07:01:24 PM »
Since Chief locked the other thread, I'm putting this here. Frankly, I've been in this camp of reasoning a long time... but that's just me.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/covid19-schools-restaurants-six-feet/2021/04/24/id/1018849/

Offline AWL

• Forecaster
    • Ardmore Weather Live

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
Re: Food for thought...MIT no less.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 07:59:58 PM »
What really bugs the crap outta me is this junk has been round for a year and a half and all the brainiacs still can't decide what's what. If multiple vaccines can be "supposedly" developed in this time, why can't it be determined how it's spread....definitively. Makes me think "other" things are at play, conspiracist or not.

Offline tweatherman

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 12:29:09 AM »
My words exactly!

tweatherman

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 02:05:16 AM »
Caronavirus research is far from new. They didn't just start 1.5yrs ago.

Seems non-nefarious that vaccines (many which may have been near done but did not get emergency use approval, that part was fast-tracked) could be made to work yet not totally understand the transmission mechanism.

I used to think there was something "Secret" behind everything. I even bought into The Grassy Knoll.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 02:17:11 AM »
I used to think there was something "Secret" behind everything.
And I used to think I could trust my "government". Right. You think your way...I'll think mine.

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 03:09:49 PM »
Well, all the scientific, medical research combined is easily overridden by a single high elected official in each state being whispered to in his/her ear by non-elected agenda driven bureaucrats to shut down a State and it's economy.

I finally went in Thurs and got my first jab, my arm is still sore and to rub salt into the wound the nurse gave me a 3 page double sided explanation of yada yada and the second paragraph begins by saying "there is no FDA approved vaccine for Covid" and "taking the vaccine does not mean you won't get it"? (paraphrasing) and I thought what am I doing here?

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 04:54:45 PM »
I thought what am I doing here?
This is not meant in anyway to sway anyone who may be "on the fence", but as it stands now, I have no intentions of getting the vaccine. That is til the "government" starts garnishing my pension or sends me to internment until I show my "papers of proof"... Don't laugh...

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2021, 05:11:56 PM »
have you guys seen what is happening in country of India right now?
and you still arguing about the merits of face masks and vaccines ?

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2021, 05:54:02 PM »
The latest from Lord Fauci: https://www.foxnews.com/health/fauci-outdoor-covid-transmission-low-updated-mask-guidance
Take it or leave it, personally I'll leave it with the rest of his immaculate proclamations.

PS: Waiukuweather, I'm sure the conditions there are exactly to the letter the same as here, medically, hygienically, diet wise, climate wise and on and on, I think you get my point. But, when they have an outbreak of malaria I sweat bullets, it's a big problem here in Texas? Take a look at their second most common health problem, yes, COPD.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 06:00:34 PM by stevebrtx »

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2021, 06:13:33 PM »
....and I thought what am I doing here?

It never has been touted as totally preventing infection. It just reduces it to nearly nothing symptoms and thereby way less spreading of it.

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2021, 06:19:30 PM »
The nurse asked me if I had any questions, I said no, but it bothered me to be getting a shot for something I don't have and don't intend to get? I said when my car is running fine I don't take it in just to have them do something and she said what about an oil change and I said I'm not here to have you change my bodily fluids, I think that was toward the end of the conversation.

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2021, 06:22:48 PM »
Do you get undercoating on your car? Is it painted? Vaccinations for your car against rust.....think of it like that.

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2021, 06:25:30 PM »
What bugs me the most is the late, late reaction basically every level and jurisdiction engaged in.

Some of the measures that seem hokey may have been more effective and the crazy variants running amok in India may not have had time to develop.

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2021, 06:28:04 PM »
the new variants, which are worse than the original, have originated in countries where they have not tried enough to slow the spread etc
as the more infections the more chance of mutations
we all have a part to play in helping in a world wide pandemic

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2021, 06:32:36 PM »
In TX we don't need to undercoat and it was "painted" at the factory and it's still doing just fine - just like me. They're moving the goal posts as usual, it was "get the jab, you don't get the virus" - now it's "getting the jab means IF YOU GET IT it won't be as bad"?

Variants??????
NO, I'M FINISHED PRETENDING THIS IS A PROBLEM AND I'M NOT GOING TO DO IT ANYMORE. I'm not going to get monthly vaccinations, I'm not going to wear a mask and I'm going to stand within normal social distance from people, I've had it, I'm through, you go play your imaginary games, as I've said before, get off my lawn!

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2021, 08:12:12 PM »
Knowledge is power, truthful or not. I don't care who pushes it, left, right, or in between. Take it or leave it.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-florida-michigan-pennsylvania-new-york

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2021, 08:59:34 PM »
Yikes, more partisanship.

And no. It was NEVER "sold" as a total preventer, just prevents severe sickness and death. That's the 90 some percent efficacy figure.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2021, 09:19:10 PM »
Yikes, more partisanship.

And no. It was NEVER "sold" as a total preventer, just prevents severe sickness and death. That's the 90 some percent efficacy figure.
If that comment was meant for me, the article I just posted has nothing to do with vaccinations. Like I said, knowledge is power, be it accurate or not. Continue spinning away.

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2021, 09:30:33 PM »
Ah ya. Two separate comments, sorry. Partisanship on the article, vaccine comment for other guy.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2021, 09:42:47 PM »
Partisanship on the article
Really? Did you see the last four words in the first paragraph? Sorry if that doesn't fit the agenda.  :roll:

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2021, 05:23:09 AM »
Like Fox would never exaggerate or anything. Your news outlets are fully truthful.

I can't take much from that outfit after seeing the blind stupid support for Trumps election fantasies.

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2021, 08:47:09 AM »
Well, that sets the table nicely doesn't it? So, at least 10% of the people are going to get it so we can never take off the face diapers because no one knows who they are - right? This is a wonderful serving of turkey and guess who the turkeys are?

PS: I see an MIT study says 6' or 60' anti-social distancing is the same, can we grow up now and stop pretending any of this means anything?

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2021, 08:56:03 AM »
Left minded are more scared of Corona rona than the right was after 9 11 fearing Bin Laden was hiding around every corner... Unbelievable. The lies people buy into in the name of being politically correct. Trump did win the election. Everyone knows it.

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2021, 09:20:21 AM »
Well, that sets the table nicely doesn't it? So, at least 10% of the people are going to get it so we can never take off the face diapers because no one knows who they are - right? This is a wonderful serving of turkey and guess who the turkeys are?

PS: I see an MIT study says 6' or 60' anti-social distancing is the same, can we grow up now and stop pretending any of this means anything?

I understood the idea to be that the other percent that get it either do not recover or  recover and become immune and along with vaccinated ones have such low levels of virus that it can't spread any more. Herd immunity via some course.

So I weigh the risk and figure I have a better chance by taking the course of the 90 plus percent group with the shot rather than hope to be one of the other percent that actually survives without any long term side effects. It's small but the risk matrix severity scale puts the final risk way too high to NOT get the shot.