Author Topic: CumulusMX not downloading historical data  (Read 587 times)

Offline w4rwf

CumulusMX not downloading historical data
« on: March 03, 2024, 10:09:08 AM »
I have the newer 6313 console with a vantage vue. I have installed MX selecting the WLL/WLC option. I have entered the API keys and every other piece of info that it asked for. It will show the gauges and current info but will not download the historical data. It says no historical data is available. I have the pro account which says I should be able to download historical data. Any help/thoughts?

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: CumulusMX not downloading historical data
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2024, 01:35:03 PM »
Hi,
Could you provide the link to your Weatherlink.com site?
And also zip and attach the CumulusMX\MXdiags file that includes the period of CMX start.
What is your WL.com data interval?

You may also wish to post in the Cumulus forum https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=40

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline w4rwf

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2024, 02:23:22 PM »
Thanks for replying PaulMy! I think this link is what your asking for https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/852aebac-80ad-4a63-b930-5131a058eb76
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline w4rwf

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2024, 02:24:25 PM »
I set the data interval to 5 minutes which is the interval for the pro plan.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2024, 03:54:45 PM »
Hi,
The MXdiags shows initially no station ID, and then a station ID was found
Code: [Select]
2024-03-03 13:51:41.642 Station type = Davis Cloud Station
2024-03-03 13:51:41.842 This Cumulus MX instance is running the latest version
2024-03-03 13:51:42.316 No WeatherLink API station ID in the cumulus.ini file
2024-03-03 13:51:42.470 GetStations: Found WeatherLink station id = 177900, name = FloydHouse
2024-03-03 13:51:42.471 GetStations: Only found 1 WeatherLink station, using id = 177900
2024-03-03 13:51:42.503 Writing Cumulus.ini file
2024-03-03 13:51:42.511 Completed writing Cumulus.ini file

I don't normally use that station type as I use Weatherlink Live which has local access, but testing with the Cloud (WLL/WC) I had to restart after I changed the type and then running ok. 

Was there any messages displayed on the start-up screen?

Have you stopped and restarted, and is there any error message shown?

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline w4rwf

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2024, 04:00:20 PM »
The CumulusMX dos window opens just fine. Iv'e restarted multiple times.and always get the same thing except for the time stamp. It says it's downloading historic data from wl.com from 2024-03-03T15:53:04 to 2024-03-03T15:56:02 and then next line says no historic data available.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2024, 04:36:46 PM »
Hi,
This may need Mark, the CumulusMX author, to have a look at.  He does visit here but it may be quicker if you post at the Cumulus forum, and include all the zipped MXdiags files.  But first run it a bit (i.e. 15 minutes) with both Debug and Data logging enabled in Program settings.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline w4rwf

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2024, 05:11:11 PM »
Thank you much Paul! I will probably not pursue this any further. It was interesting to me to see a different format on my data that is on weatherlink.com but not imperative and was not going to use it to upload to any weather site/page. Not sure many others out there are using cumulusMX with the vantage vue stations. Maybe I'm looking for it to do something it wasn't intended to do. Who knows. Anyway, thanks for your time and interest!

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2024, 05:33:11 PM »
Hi,
There would be many people, including me, that use the Vantage Vue station with Cumulus (I also have VP2).  The Vue with a USB logger or Weatherlink Live is very easy to set up.  It is the new Weatherlink Console, which can receive the date from the Vue or VP2 ISS that has some limitations and appears to be more difficult by users as the data is only available through Weatherlink.com.  It appears to me that Weatherlink.com updated from WLL is different than Weatherlink.com uploaded by the Weatherlink Console.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline w4rwf

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2024, 06:05:04 PM »
I would say that using the weatherlink live box certainly adds abilities that the 6313 definitely does not, at least at this point in time. I had some issues with my 6313 console initially but after the last update Davis put out it seems to have corrected every problem I had with the console. I have cwop and weather underground configured to use my weatherlink account and they use it without issue. Obviously I can look ay my historic weather data on the console(clunky/difficult at best) or on the weatherlink web site. I thought it would be interesting to see my historic data in a different format, or perceived different format. Didn't realize that many others would be using the vue with cumulusmx but I stand corrected. But I have gotten used to the console display now and like it. I'm just getting started with my Davis station and learning a lot. Weatherlink.com really has 2 main uses I guess. To record historical data from someone's station that doesn't want to dedicate a full time computer of some sort to the effort but doesn't mind paying the fee, and to provide data to entities such as weather underground, etc.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2024, 11:43:20 PM »

w4rwf wrote:
Weatherlink.com really has 2 main uses I guess. To record historical data from someone's station that doesn't want to dedicate a full time computer of some sort to the effort but doesn't mind paying the fee, and to provide data to entities such as weather underground, etc.
and don't forget the graphs WL.com provides :)

Enjoy,
Paul

anything