Author Topic: ObserverIP daily rain total not zeroed next day  (Read 446 times)

Offline LEB

ObserverIP daily rain total not zeroed next day
« on: March 10, 2019, 11:57:10 PM »
I am running ObserverIP(OIP) V4.5.6.  I recently set a new station with OIP and Meteobridge (MB).  I noticed that although MB had correctly cleared the rain total, OIP did not. What can cause the OIP not to reset in a daily basis the rain total? 

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: ObserverIP daily rain total not zeroed next day
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 02:55:32 PM »
A recent version of the ObserverIP firmware introduced a bug. I think it was 4.5.1 when they added Rain Event as a new metric. Then version 4.5.2 and 4.5.5 both claim to fix some rain bugs. So I would think that 4.5.6 has these fixes and should be okay. I haven't had much rain but my rain rates seem to reset normally and I'm on 4.5.6.

I'm also using a Meteobridge and my numbers match very closely. Only off by 0.01 in for some reason for the year.

Also Rain Event and Daily Rain are different and they reset differently. Be sure you understand them. Rain Event is not supposed to reset at midnight, it keeps counting till the rain stops.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline LEB

Re: ObserverIP daily rain total not zeroed next day
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 07:22:06 PM »
thank you ! Just had a no rain day after the experience, followed by rain and then no rain and the daily was cleared.  I think the unit was in some miscommunication condition since I remember now having a static IP which I was accessing at the time, yet the display showed some other IP that made no sense.  Hope this was just a glitch, will be watching...