Author Topic: Does Weather Underground app support deep linking?  (Read 595 times)

Offline dlcole

Does Weather Underground app support deep linking?
« on: February 24, 2019, 11:51:25 AM »
From within my own app on iOS and Android, I'd like to open the Weather Underground app's radar page for a specified latitude and longitude.  If the app is not installed, then I'd like to open the Weather Underground web site in the default browser.  This is done via deep linking.  Does the weather underground app support this?  If so, what is the URL syntax?

The best I can tell, deep linking is not supported, at least to the extent that an http link can be intercepted by the app if it's installed.  :-(

Offline dlcole

Re: Does Weather Underground app support deep linking?
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 07:25:27 PM »
Thanks for the response!  As it happens, though, the links you provided are web links, and what I want to do is open the Weather Underground app from within another app on iOS and Android.  That requires deep-linking support in the Weather Underground app, and hence my original question. 

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
Re: Does Weather Underground app support deep linking?
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 08:03:53 PM »
I don't know why you wouldn't just bypass the middleman and get the graphics direct.  I wouldn't trust the WU app to keep doing anything, correctly or incorrectly, at this point.