Author Topic: Version updates  (Read 380 times)

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Version updates
« on: November 29, 2018, 01:58:46 PM »
Hi Ken,
In following this http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=35599.msg364737#msg364737 thread and checking http://www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca/check-fetch-times.php?show=versions I found I had a lot of scripts to update (16), and that surprised me as I had been trying to keep up and knew I had done some in 2018.  Then noticed the suggested updates go back to November 2017 and that reminded me of a full GoDaddy webserver restore I had to do in early October this year  (they lost ALL of my files, everything, but that is a story for another time) and the only full backup I had was on my computer from November 2017 (even though I had subscribed and paid GoDaddy for daily backups beginning May this year - but this is another story for another time).  I thought I had restored most everything in October but forgot about the Saratoga script updates since November 2017.

With the update tool I have now updated all the scripts and all seems ok.

Again thank you for all your time, talent and effort to make it so easy for us.

Enjoying,
Paul

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Version updates
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 02:26:38 PM »
Hi Paul,

You're very welcome.  I'd hoped my tools made it easier for folks to keep current on the scripts comprising the template sets.  Glad you found it useful to spot some downlevel ones and do the updates.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
Re: Version updates
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 03:29:44 PM »
Oh yea, has helped me several times. Thanks Ken.

CW3699

anything